Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video freezes, audio continues to work when creating disc.
ddill168 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2011 16:28 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I've had this problem off and on for awhile now. I use the Create Disc option to create a file to later burn to DVD. I use .mkv, .avi and .mp4 video files to create my disc. I've played the files in Windows Media player and in Power Director prior to burning, and they work fine. But once I create the disc and play the created files, the picture freezes while the audio continues. This doesn't happen all the time. Maybe 20% of the time. These files are not ones creating by me. They are tv shows I downloaded. Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Are you making a standard DVD type disc -- one that plays on yor DVD player? If so, look at one that works. You will see that there are VOB files on the disc. Those are just mpg2 files under a different extension. If you are making files to later put on a DVD, why don't you select mpg2 to begin with?

Also make sure you are using good quality discs. Store brands and a few others commercially availble (brand begins with an M) are not very good. Get discs that you burner manufacturer says are tested for your burner.

I personally use and recommend Verbatim and JVCToiyo Youden (on line only) and have never had an issue with those brands. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ddill168 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I am making videos to put on a standard dvd disc. The problem isn't with the dvd itself, since the issue happens before burning to the dvd. I create the disc in Power Director by burning it to a file. Then I play that file and this is where I see the issue.

I just checked the settings when creating the file in Power Director and it says it is creating an mpeg2 file. The finalized file is a folder made up of an audio and video folder which contains the .Vob files.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, I am making videos to put on a standard dvd disc. The problem isn't with the dvd itself, since the issue happens before burning to the dvd. I create the disc in Power Director by burning it to a file. Then I play that file and this is where I see the issue.

I just checked the settings when creating the file in Power Director and it says it is creating an mpeg2 file. The finalized file is a folder made up of an audio and video folder which contains the .Vob files.

What are you using to play the Disk folder? (the VOB files)

Is your computer able to play videos without problems?

Part A and Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Have you tried burning that disk folder to a DVD? You use disk authoring software to burn that folder to a disk in DVD Video format.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ddill168 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl.

1) I am using VLC Media Player to play these files. I may have used other programs before like Windows Media player.

2) My computer plays video files fine. When I create these files through Power Director and the video freezes, I have gone back to the original and it plays fine.

3) I am using Power Director Ultra 64 9.0.0.3305

4) I have tried burning these files to a dvd, but it doesn't play the video there either. I get the same result. I used to create the disc in Power Director and burn straight to a DVD. I don't do that anymore cause I was wasting DVDs.

Thank you.
 Filename
ddill168.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG.txt
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
496 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Carl.

1) I am using VLC Media Player to play these files. I may have used other programs before like Windows Media player.

2) My computer plays video files fine. When I create these files through Power Director and the video freezes, I have gone back to the original and it plays fine.

3) I am using Power Director Ultra 64 9.0.0.3305

4) I have tried burning these files to a dvd, but it doesn't play the video there either. I get the same result. I used to create the disc in Power Director and burn straight to a DVD. I don't do that anymore cause I was wasting DVDs.

Thank you.

Have you tried turning off the Hardware acceleration in the burn module?

I did not see any problems in you 64 bit Dxdiag.txt, you should have no problems making a DVD.

You do know that a DVD video has a required structure.
There are two folders
AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS
Video_ts contains Bup, Ifo and Vob files.

Audio_ts is often empty.

Your burning software has to burn that structure to make a DVD that plays in standard DVD players.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ddill168 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It does create both the Audio folder and the video folder. I believe the audio folder is empty. Both these folders are in a folder called 'My Video'. When you mention hardware accelerator, do you mean in Power Director or in Nero (program I use to burn the DVD)? I haven't made a change in either program to the accelerator. The problem seems to come from creating the file with Power Director and not with the actual burning to the DVD. Since when I play the file directly after creating it, it freezes.
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
This happens to me once in awhile also. I posted about it recently. I know from experience that if the picture sticks in the folder with the audio still playing - that's exactly what will get burned to hard disc also.

The only "solution" I've come up with is to throw out the first folder, and do the burn to folder again. It's a PITA since it takes so long for each try. But usually things work correctly the second time.

Randy B.
ddill168 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Randy, for helping. That is the only thing I know to do as well. Unfortunately, it happens 2-3 times in a row for me. I'm happy it eventually works, but am nervous that one of these times it won't work for me at all.
Carl312
[Post New]
When you mention hardware accelerator, do you mean in Power Director or in Nero (program I use to burn the DVD)?

I mean in Powerdirector.

There is a check mark for Enable Video Hardware Encoder at the bottom of the Final output window after you click Burn.
If you uncheck that you use CPU only to create the Disk Folder.

ddill168 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks. I will try that. I appreciate it!
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Configure Internet
Disable Any Toolbars and Extensions
Uninstall Unwanted Programs
Set Windows for Best Performance
Manage Services
Use Reginout