Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't enable 3D
wintergreen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2012 12:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
My setup:
- HTPC with MS MediaCenter option
- PowerDVD
- AMD 6570
- Sony VPL-HW30AES
- The projector is connected through my existing dual link DVI cable (in the wall - not easy to replace) I use a DVI-HDMI adapter by the projector.

In PowerDVD I would select 3D and the display. I would select 1080p/24. PowerDVD thinks for a while and then tells me that it can't enable 3D. Doesn't give me a reason. I can't figure out why not? Anything I need to do at the projector?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I thought that I had a pretty good video card to do 3D but I could not.

How much memory do you have on-board. When was the last time you updated the drivers? Hev you got it set for performance? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
wintergreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
The GPU has 1GB. I have the latest 12.2 drivers.
The system is fairly up-to-date in general.

I am disappointed that Cyberlink doesn't tell me what it thinks is wrong.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Oftern it is a process of elimination and sometimes interactions. Have you tried a differernt resolution/sceen rate. Does it look OK on your computer monitor? Same or no error message?

Have you asked Sony if it will accept those inputs?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2012 13:05

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
wintergreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
no errors. tried different resolutions, same thing.
No need to contact Sony. I know this is a recent projector that is known for its 3D.

I am looking for some info on how to see why Cyberlink decides it can't enable the display...
wintergreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did download and run the BD&3D advisor.

Surprise: it concludes that my Sony VPL-HW30aes is not 3d ready. Which of course is wrong.

The question is now why?

Again, I have a DVI cable connected at the video card. I am using a DVI to HDMI converter in front of the projector. This should not be an issue. Unless the AMD card would conclude that the display is not HDMI because it is plugged in at the DVI connector.
stevek
[Post New]
I saw this one other time and it was related to a copy protection scheme. I'll try to find more on it.

In the meantime, go here --- http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/ --- and see if they can help. Althought it is primarily 3D images, there are some very good discussion on 3D video and equipment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2012 20:22

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

"I am using a DVI to HDMI converter "

- please use HDMI cable - the HDMi 1.4 can not be used by DVI cabeling.

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
wintergreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
HDMI is not an option. DVI is in the walls. Besides, DVI and HMI are compatible for video. In fact DVI-D dual link is superior.
Can you elaborate more why DVI-D dual link with DVI to HDMI adapter would not work?

Would it work with an additional adapter on the video card side?
stevek
[Post New]
Thanks Michael.

That confirms what I posted above re: protection. .
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I think this issue is fixed on PowerDVD 12. Can someone confirm this?
wintergreen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I think this issue is fixed on PowerDVD 12. Can someone confirm this?

That would be great. Anyone?

It appears that either Cyberlink or AMD have a bug when a HDMI 1.4 device is plugged in on the DVI port. 3D can only be enabled when the physical HDMI port on the GPU is used. That doesn't make any sense as HDMI is working otherwise on the DVI port.