Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
version 2608
vyzer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2012 23:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
downloaded & installed patch 2608 on april 3 Ultimate version

windows 7 64 Pro
i7 960
12 gigs ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 285

LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH08LS20 reader,writer

It would take at least a half hour to get any blu- ray disc to run. rebooting - shutting anti virus and fire wall - rebooting - rebooting - kept trying different things and keep rebooting. Nothing ever worked the same twice.

Once it would start playing - it would play fine.

common to most bad starts -- the "advertising" boxes (java, cprm, dolby etc.) would not appear. Program hangs and becomes unresponsive to mouse or keyboard. The only way to shut down is through task manager processes.

Tonight - after over a half hour of trying to get it to play (Bourne Ultimatum - blu-ray) I gave up and rolled back to version 2408. The disc loaded and played fine.

Have not tried reloading 2608 - really running out of patience with PowerDVD -- the version that ran the best was the one that came with the blu-ray drive (think it was 6 or 7 with blu-ray enabled -- and even that was quirky -- upgraded to 11 Ultimate in the hopes that the quirks would disappear and new fox blu-rays would play. fox blu-rays still don't play and performance gets worse with each patch. Only interested in playing blu-rays and regular DVDs -- all other features (photos, music, devices) are of no interest to me.

flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried this yet. Ever considering to upgrade to PDVD 12?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi vyzer,

please check the PowerDVD 11 must have read thread

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
vyzer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2012 23:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Yes -- thank you -- I have read that -- I'm just venting here and sharing my experience with other forum readers.

I have planned - when I'm in a more masochistic mood - to uninstall the programs - use the cleaners and reinstall -- documenting as I go and then contact tech support if I'm still having problems.

But truthfully - I'm thinking it would be easier and less frustrating to simply buy a stand alone Blu-ray player. My Blu-ray drive still burns and plays my personal discs fine. Right now - using 2408 - it's working. And I see nothing in the release notes of 2608 addressing the problems with Fox Blu-rays.