Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Codes & Burn Failures
Carl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2007 14:40 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am waiting to hear back from Customer Service on this subject but I thought I would post this here just in case someone may have experienced the same thing.

I was able to burn my project last week and made 35 copies using DVD+R media. I distributed the DVDs and started receiving complaints that it would not play on some of the clients' DVD players. It did play on computers. After posting my dilemma here and asking around, I was told to burn it to DVD-R media. So, I tried using the same project and had Burning Failures! Error Code ff023005. I deleted all the Chapters and re-entered them. This time the failure was code eb020b9c. At this moment, I am burning to folder only to see if it does in fact render. While trying to burn to DVD, I watched the status box and it stated that it was Burning but the DVD drive did not activate and when it showed 100%, I received the error message.

Anyone have any ideas what these error messages are telling me?

Thank you.
Carl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, I ask that you all understand that I am very much a newbie at this video production business.

Since my post above, I have successfully burned to the DVD folder. I am assuming that that means I am having DVD drive problems.

Now, how do I take those files and burn them on another computer? What program do I use? Can I use any DVD burning program or does it have to be a Cyberlink product? I am really under the gun to get this problem fixed. Any advice will be appreciated.

I did get a rather lengthly response from Customer Support and will apply their suggestions which seem rather complex. I would, however, like to get these DVDs burned asap.

Thank you all for understanding.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Carl,

I'm trying to allow others a chance to answer you... and I'm glad you've investigated deeper into probable causes. I would have suggested a simple laser head disc cleaner - to start with.

The DVD burnt to a directory: Yes, you can use any DVD disc writing capable software like Power2Go 6.

All you need to do is copy the two folders - Video_TS and Audio_TS (or it could be the other-way around TS_Video etc) onto a DVD using the disc writing software. These two folders contain the menu display and video contents needed to create a DVD. Remember it is the folders and the contents within you copy/write onto the disc.

Dafydd
Carl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much. I will try that. I will probably have to upgrade my Power2Go. I was bundled with my camera and I have never used it but I think as is, it will not burn DVDs.

Again, thank you.
Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2008 17:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the exact same problem. Any chance you could post the response you got from support? Many thanks!