Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Widescreen capture with Logitech C910 problem
Rob_C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2012 18:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I have PowerDirector 10 Ultra. I'm trying to capture widescreen video with a Logitech C910 but I can't get it to work.
Windows movie maker can do it so I just figured anything can....not so.
Anyone have any luck with this?

Sorry, I should have added I created a profile for widescreen and tried the steps here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15082.page#75895
But its still 4:3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2012 19:42

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rob_C,
If you could screen capture images as shown in thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15082.page#75895

Members might be able to help.

Screenshot guide, Part E & F
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Dafydd
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I just want to confirm that wih PD10 and that C910, you can only get 4 by 3. I have checked every setting that I could think of.

The web camera does give wide screen but PD10 gives only 4 by 3 regardless of the settings on the camer and the setting is PD 10. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Steve -

My webcam isn't a C910. It's a Pro9000, so it doesn't records in 1080p (only 720p)

I'd never captured from the webcam, but I just found exactly what you have. Even though the webcam is set to record 1280-x720 & I've customised the capture profile (just as you have), PD10 captures the video in 4:3!

When I record video from the webcam, it is definitely 1280x720 (.WMV format). Have you tried, rather than "capturing" live video in PD10, just recording the video, saving it, then importing it to PD. It will be in whatever format/profile yopu recorded.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I could do that but that defeats the purpose of the capture from web camera in Power Director. The video from Power Director is 720 by 480 regardless of the web camera settings.

I already know that capture from a HD digital tape camcorder works properly. I use a different program and A/D converter to capture analog tape.

For me, this was an esoteric exercise. I had the program and I had the web camera that RobC initially posted about.

Since at least two of us have the same issue (and maybe you also) could it be logged as a bug? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
antoniamar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2010 14:14 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Found an answer here (http://forum.videohelp.com/topic357830.html). I was having a similar problem capturing in widescreen from my DV camera. Once the video is on the timeline, you can covert it back to 16:9 with a simple click. Just click the video or one of clips. At the end of the tool bar that open up (Split, Trim, Multi Trim, etc) there is nearly invisible arrow (For goodness sake, Cyberlink, make these things yellow or something so we can find them easily!!). Click the arrow. A menu item appears at the end of the row. Click it for more features. Click "Set aspect ratio". You will see several options to convert either the selected clip or all clips to desired ratio.
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I took a peek on this link. Looks good. Found the Set aspect ratio.