Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Internet video
Calabasas_Ron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2012 17:01 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've searched the available documentation, but I can't find a short (or any) explanation as to how to simply make a video for posting on the Internet, such as on YouTube.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD10? Youtube uploads are actually simple... Even though PD10 has a built in youtube uploader, most do it the old fashon way, from within youtube... seems to be less problems that way... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Calabasas_Ron [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Bubba.

Actually, I finally figured out how to save the file as a Quicktime file. My larger problem is that it won't connect to the Internet, even though I have good connectivity. I have a support ticket in on that one.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
There has been a problem with that for some people, hence them rendering the file and using youtube itself to upload. And I believe doing it that was is faster anyway. I don't upload videos very often. But I always do it from within youtube...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2012 20:40

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
I upload my videos to youtube in the way that Bubba mentioned. It is usually less problematic uploading directly from within youtube.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The other important factor is that uploading to YouTube through PD's uploader gives you a choice of WMV, WMV or WMV!

That's the format you must use if you also want to share your video on DirectorZone, or put it on FaceBook, Daily Motion or Vimeo - i.e. IF you use PD's uploader

Uploading manually to YouTube and others allows you to choose the format.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Calabasas_Ron [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Now, if only I am able to troubleshoot the reason why PD refuses to recognize my Internet connection I'll be set.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
PD does not understand ZULU which I suppose your internet must be talking PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080