Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thumbnail choice when burning multiple projects in one create disk
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
I started a new project, went straight to the Create Disk and added five PowerDirector project files that I want to make up my disk. After adding them, the program seems to pick a random image from the first 10 seconds of each as the thumbnail preview for the disk menu. Each of the projects themselves are short and have single chapters with nominated thumbnails but PD10 seems to ignore the chapter thumbnail images when importing these videos.

Can anyone please help me understand how I change these thumbnails? I have attached a screenshot with my cursor over the thumbnail I want to change and the chapter thumbnail expanded below that I want it to be.

Many thanks,
Rob
[Thumb - New Untitled Project.jpg]
 Filename
New Untitled Project.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
162 time(s)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Not sure if this is what you are after and if I can remember the exact steps. go to 'content tab' and from the set of imported videos expand the chapter menu I think from there you can assign the image you wish to show as 'chapter image', you can also rename the chapters from there.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Jim, indeed, I have set the chapter thumbnails but they are ignored when the chapters of the disk are actually different PD projects. It seems there are no options to set the project thumbnail... Have I found something else to moan about the menu creator lol? AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13