Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue with full screen mode on MKV.
cyberheater [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2012 17:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've just recently bought PDVD 12 and I've noticed that when I play my MKV movies full screen, the top of the movie is cropped. It's like the top menu bar somehow prevents the movie being fully displayed.

Any ideas how to solve this?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please post a snapshot of your issue - I do not get suc problem here...

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
This doesn't appear to be affected by video format - here's a screenshot from a YouTube video being watched in PowerDVD. The black bar at the top seems to be the exact height of the "PowerDVD" title bar. I've attached a pair of screenshots that illustrate the issue.
[Thumb - ui-overlay.jpg]
 Filename
ui-overlay.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Video displayed with UI displayed on top.
 Filesize
356 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
570 time(s)
[Thumb - missing-top.jpg]
 Filename
missing-top.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Video displayed after the UI has faded out - note missing area at top of frame.
 Filesize
344 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
515 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ben,

thanks for the snapshots, I now understand your issue and can also see this behavior here.
I willhiglight it to our QA/RD team

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Yashwant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2012 11:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any solution for this problem, it's really pissing me off...!!
Thx
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yash, I think they're still duplicating this issue. Looked like a simple issue at first glance but i can't find any workaround on this.
moi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2012 12:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem and it's only with the build 1514. I use the Ultra edition.
_win7 ultimate x64
_asus p8p67 pro (rev 3.1)
_intel i5 2500k
_nvidia GTX 560 Ti

I hope you'll find a solution...
halex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2012 00:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem,only with the build 1514 and me to i use the ultra edition.
Yashwant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2012 11:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
any work in progress
[Post New]
Hi,
this issue has been reported to our engineering team and is under investigation.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Moiz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2012 16:33 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I also have this problem after the new update, had to roll back to the previous version before the patch. Cyberlink has not answered my ticket in more than a week.

This occurs regardless of the video format. i am connected to a LG 3d LED HDTV via HDMI.
[Thumb - VLC CAPTURE.jpg]
 Filename
VLC CAPTURE.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Playing file with VLC
 Filesize
293 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
434 time(s)
[Thumb - POWERDVD 12 CAPTURE.jpg]
 Filename
POWERDVD 12 CAPTURE.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PLaying File with Power DVD Ultra 12
 Filesize
261 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
393 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 03. 2012 02:13

[Post New]
Hi,
please provide me your ticket number

br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I also have this problem playing MKV files. as soon as I switch to full screen mode the PowerDVd UI disappears and leaves a thin black bar at the top of the screen.
It's a shame that after paying for the ultra version upgrade to find that V11 was better.
Also the 2 android apps do not work on a HTC Sensation XE with Adroid 4. They both worked fine before the phone updated itself to the new version.
I have had a reply from CS saying they are looking into it but that was 2 weeks ago and a few days ago they closed the ticket without getting back to me.
I am now using VLC and VLC remote and they work well.
I really feel I've wasted my money upgrading. I am apparently a gold member, whatever that means, it certainly does nothing in terms of customer service.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2012 06:47

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen 3, Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 4X Samsung F3 HDD, Samsung Blu ray, Antec DF-85
[Post New]
Hi Craig,
as mentioned before in this thread, we are working on those issues and will fix them as soon as we found the root cause.

greetings
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Moiz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

My ticket # is CS001135535. Thanks
moi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2012 12:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It's not only with mkv. it's the same with avi, mp4, wmv... but it doesn't appear when it plays Blu-Ray.

I find a way to solve that for mkv only:
You need to run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode.
In Vista or Seven go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12 then right click on PowerDVD12.exe --> properties --> compatibility --> check compatibility mode with Windows XP.
But the picture's resolution seems a bit downsized...

I hope it'll help some of you.
Sorry for my bad English, I'm French.

VJKDIGITAL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 12:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I too have this issue and am rather concerned about screen burn on my Plasma if this issue continues for too long. (Aside from the fact it's covering part of my videos)
guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone else got their issues resolved using Moi's tip?
Moiz [Avatar]
[Post New]
It works, but I do not like running in compatibility mode as it degrades picture quality (barely but Im a quality nut), and sometimes Power DVD running in compatibility mode will just self exit.
t [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2012 02:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
go to PDVDLaunchPolicy properties and check compatibility for windows 7. check administrator.

worked for me