Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black bars in BD playback
yk_nb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2011 09:40 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Gurus,

Several years ago I raised an issue that when I burned a BD and played it on a Sony BD player, small irritating horizontal black bars appeared adjacent to moving objects.
This effect was not noticeable while playing the same BD on a computer - on a BD player only.

Clever gurus suggested that this problem was a result of a mixture of source video files shot by different cameras and/or formats. They suggested a good working solution - to produce a MPEG-2 file first and then use it in the new project to burn the BD.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name of that clever guru.

Anyway. Several years passed. Two versions of PD have gone to the past. But the problem is still pending. Moreover I found out that it has nothing to do with a mixture of files - homogeneous source files give the same sad result.
Just recently I tried to burn a BD compiled from Sony .mts files directly from PD 10 and again saw the same familiar black bars on my brand new and modern BD player.

Probably I've missed something? Or probably I'm doing something wrong? I cannot believe that Cyberlink sticks with such an abvious bug for such a long time.

Thank you for your advice.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi yk_nb ,
There are editors here on the forum who create BluRay Discs from Sony mts files (and have done for a few years) and they do not report your issue with output files.

Please provide some additional information.

1. Diagnostic files, see guide below Part B
2. Version of PD10 you're running. Guide Part A
3. Screenshot of the video - take a still shot of the TV on screen issue.
4. State the TV you are using and whether that has changed also.
5. please provide a 5 second sample (point, shoot and that's all that we need) uploaded to this thread. Please state the camera, make and model.
Reply/Attach: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/22368.page
6. Please provide information on your PD10 selections to create the BD, from Edit through to Create - information on what you're selecting will help members who read the thread to possibly replicate the issue.
7. Using a software called MediaInfo please provide information on the finished file you're playing on the TV. Install MI and then drag the video file into the software's interface. select text display and copy the information to a text file. Please attach the text file.

Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Media Info: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2012 05:47

yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your message. I destroyed the BD in question, so I will need some time to re-compile the project and gather the information you have requested. I will revert as soon as possible.
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you again for your message.
Please, look through the information you have requested:

1. Attached two .txt files
2. Attached one .jpg file

to be continued in the next message due to attached files limit
 Filename
Yuri Kirillov DxDiag_64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
411 time(s)
 Filename
Yuri Kirillov DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
445 time(s)
[Thumb - version PD.jpg]
 Filename
version PD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
212 time(s)
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Forgot to mention that my camera is Sony HDR-CX550E.
Please, also note that:

1. The 'barred" BD plays perfectly (w/o bars) on a computer
2. If you first produce a MPEG-2 file and use it in the project to burn a BD, that BD will play perfectly both on a computer and a BD player
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know why but one of the previous messages disappeared. I will try to post submit the files again.
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
3. See the attachment
[Thumb - IMG_0241.JPG]
 Filename
IMG_0241.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2095 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
222 time(s)
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
4. Sharp LC-52XL2RU - not changed
5. See the attachemnt
 Filename
00541.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13632 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
330 time(s)
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
6. Nothing special - see the attachment
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13901 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
7. This is what I did not understand. I'm playing a compiled BD which contains many files. Please, clarify.

Thank you
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
When you have videos in Timeline and set aspect ration do you select 16:9 or letterbox for the video and apply to all? If you select other ratios you may get letterbox appearance. Make sure you apply to all...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2012 17:54

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
All source videos in my projects are native 16:9. I do not change aspect ratios anywhere.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I downloaded your mts file and imported into PD10 Ultra and viewed on my lg 24" monitor and it came out fine full screen, produced a DVD on DVD-RW and viewed on my LG 55' television and my ps3 and everything came out fine. I think maybe that the Television that you are using doesn't support 1920X1080 aspect ratio therefore it fits it to a letterbox format.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you kindly be as kind as to read the initial correspondence?
I clearly outlined that the BD created on the basis of mpeg file shows fine on the same TV.
Moreover there are no problems with DVDs at all. DVDs show fine.
The problem is observed only with BDs created just from the project consisting of source mts files
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
yk_nb,

I can see what might be a problem if you selected the H.264 1920x1080 50i (24 Mbps) preset to create a Blu-ray disc.

The reason the Mpeg-2 preset doesn't present a problem is because the video is deinterlaced when rendered, even though the fields in the original video are interlaced and you've specified 50i for creating the disc. I believe many video editors do this with 1920 x 1080 video.

If you selected the lower bitrate preset H.264 1920x1080 50i, that would also be deinterlaced and not smart rendered. You shouldn't see any lines.

The reason there isn't any deinterlacing when using the H.264 1920x1080 50i (24 Mbps) create disc preset is that your video is Smart Rendered, which keeps the interlaced fields intact. The part that I see causing a problem is the option to use the Hardware Video Encoder, which is to the left of the "Start Burning" button at the bottom of the "Final Output" dialog window. I produced a disc with this option on, and another disc with it off. Smart rendering is used both times, but the one with the Hardware Video Encoder option turned on, has a problem with the interlacing.

I can't play these on a PAL tv because I have NTSC tv. But I can see a difference on my computer LCD 1920x1080.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your valuable input.
But I'm trying to compile BD in MPEG-2 format and not H.264.
YOur suggestions are not applicable in MPEG-2 case.
yk_nb [Avatar]
[Post New]
Once more I observe disappearing posts in this forum.
I repeat my message.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Howeevr I'm trying to compile a MPEG-2 BD and not H.264 BD.
Unfortunately your suggestions are not applicable in the case of MPEG-2 BD.