Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Titles causes distortion
ssl007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2012 03:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am making a very simple 2D video of a high school basketball program, but it is rather long (90 minutes). I want to use titles to superimpose text onto the underlying video. When there is no title the video is clean and nice looking. However when a title comes on the video distorts quite badly. The distortion is worse towards the bottom of the screen. I am using the 3D like title template because it is the only one without any other stuff in it.

Is there settings or known issues I need to be aware of or anything I can do to clean this up. I have already spent almost 100 hours editing in all the raw video and am running up against a deadline in just 5 days.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Try this, produce the video first, without the titles, then, if that video file is good stuff, add the titles to it in a separate project. You do not have to make all new titles either for the new project, just lock them in place, remove the original video files, then replace with the newly produced video. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I've never seen a title cause that kind of disruption to video quality.

You mentioned you're using the 3D-like default template "because it is the only one without any other stuff in it." You'll also find that the Default title template inder All Content is devoid of "other stuff".

What formatting have you applied to the titles? I've used the 3D like template with basic formatting & found no negative impact on video quaslity.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I've had titles cause some serious flickering, just regular titles. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT