Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP Distortion in WMV Production? (Bill)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bill (wh7262) has raised an issue with distortion of shapes occurring in PiP Designer, in response to a discussion about motion paths being distorted. You can read his comments here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/15/21458.page

So the issues don't get confused, I thought a new topic was warranted.

Bill - as stated in the other thread - I've not been able to replicate your elliptical circles issue even when the keyframes for the motion path are set manually.

In the tests I ran previously, I just used PD's standard circle motion path & made no modifications to it, apart from position.

Produced in a variety of WMV profiles, all files had circular circles (the best kind). Bill's getting different results.

Example attached.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Circles3.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
338 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Just a note, while using CLPD9, I Produced the clip as a WMV file, the circle gets distorted.
Then when Produced the clip as a MPEG-2 file, the circle keeps it original shape.
Did change the Opacity Levels, for fun. within the Keyframe settings still maintained a circular motion as set in PIP Designer. The results for the WMV and MPEG-2 were the same - No Change in the circular Motion Path.

Then switched to CLPD10, I Produced the clip as a WMV file, the circle gets distorted.
Then when Produced the clip as a MPEG-2 file, the circle keeps it original shape.
Did not mess with the Keyframe - Opacity Levels, as I already know the outcome there.

I am using VLC Media Player to view the two files that are attached.

Had a Brain Storm, better than the other word, I just checked all of the WMV I had created for the Motion and Circular Paths issues using the Windows Media Player and all of my DISTORTED CIRCLES ARE NOT CORRECT IN SHAPE WHEN VIEWING THE CLIP.....

So, it looks as another issue has bitten the dust by the Video Busters on this forum, just don't use VLC Media Player when viewing WMV files. No need to attach any files.

Thanks Again,
Bill Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Typo Error in the above message:

Had a Brain Storm, better than the other word, I just checked all of the WMV I had created for the Motion and Circular Paths issues using the Windows Media Player and all of my DISTORTED CIRCLES ARE NOT CORRECT IN SHAPE WHEN VIEWING THE CLIP.....

It should have read:

Had a Brain Storm, better than the other word, I just checked all of the WMV I had created for the Motion and Circular Paths issues using the Windows Media Player and all of my CIRCLES ARE NOW CORRECT IN SHAPE WHEN VIEWING THE CLIP.....

Bill Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra