Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DTS Decoding Broken
Harley_Dude [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2012 15:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased the Ultra version 2 weeks ago and the first disk I tried to play with DTS is prompting me to upgrade version 12. The packaging says DTS multi-channel is supported. Does multi-channel require version 12? If so, do recent purchases get a free upgrade?

Also I tried the Windows 7 analyzer from the Cyberlink website and it does nothing after prompting me for install.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2012 15:48

MARK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 16:24 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Multi channel does not require version 12, so no need to upgrade. I presume your system can output DTS as a supported format?
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
I'm guessing that you're trying to play back either DD/DTS audio signals, which are not being decoded. Check around either PowerDVD or the BluRay menu to set audio output to PCM, which doesn't require any decoding to play back properly.
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Just to double check, giving you an offer to upgrade? Or telling you that the action can't bedone without PowerDVD12?
DeKorsey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2006 20:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
DTS 7.1 channels are decoded in version 12.

You will need to contact support in regards to any upgrades.