Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gotta say I am fairly dissapointed in this version
WAYNE R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2012 05:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Upgraded from PowerDVD 8 to 12 and I performed a complete uninstall of the previous version rebooted and installed 12. I gotta say that this software is pretty bad......

Upgrading from 8 to 12 I would expect that the software would play disks without issues.

Problem #1

Disks will intermittently not play with this version that play just FINE on this machine using Power DVD 8. This version gives you a loading message for the disk and then a black screen. Restarting the application does not fix the issue, only a restart will.

Problem #2

Putting another disk in after another finishes and you hit the eject button = no play. Gotta restart the machine to get it to work. More often than not the software just hangs and Windows 7 states that the software is no longer responding and gives you the option to close it. Looks like you guys need to clean up how your java code is running.

Problem #3

Sometimes the video player opens in a new window leaving the original Power DVD 12 screen

Problem #4

Taskbar is not aways removed when you go full screen

Problem #5

Mouse support is non existant. How about making the mouse work just like it does on a DVD or HD-DVD? (version 7 supports HD-DVD and has mouse support for those titles. that giant remote control thing just does not cut it.

For the asking price of this software, there should not be these problems (1-4)

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

sorry to hear that you have problems on your platform.
issues 1-4 are not reproducible in my environment and may be related to your OS installation/environment.

suggest you contact the technical support about your issues, thanks!

for #5 - this is related to BD? unfortunatley this is nothing to work-around, some BDs just do not allow the use of a Mouse because of BD-J implementation.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
WAYNE R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2012 05:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD obviously needs more testers. The frist page of this forum has multiple threads of people saying the same thing...

taskbar during playback

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21748.page

disk read/playback problems problems

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21592.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21535.page

btw the machine is a Dell Studio 1558 with a i5 520M with a ATi 5470 512MB dedicated graphics card, 4GB ram, Intel Wireless N adapter, and 500GB hdd running windows 7 home premium fully up to date and virus free