Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
no where but shortcut?
csillver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2012 09:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed it doesnt seem to be possible to launch cyberlink dvd or any of the programs from anyplace other than my start menu short cut. Not from my desktop, or inside my program files x86 folder. Also, when I get a new file to play and I use the "open with" button and navigate to the cyberlink folder, even though I find the cyberlink program and I match it to the file, it wont launch. I would like to be able to launch newly made files while I am working with them, not have to search through the cyberlink program list/ folders instead...

Is this possible?
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Odd... you are trying a shortcut to "PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe"? or to something else?
csillver [Avatar]
[Post New]
well at first it went missing off my desktop, so i tried to send it off from the start menu, then i noticed that when I downloaded a web video, when I the prompt "open this file with" cyberlink was not on the list. when I navigating to what seems like an application to launch the video ,none of them work? What is the actual application that makes the program launch?
I can do this action with win media player, winamp, vlc, quicktime etc but not this one... what gives?
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that the video format that you downloaded is not supported by Cyberlink. Which format is this?

You can also create a shortcut. Just right click on the .exe file then select create shortcut the drag and drop it to desktop. Good luck.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
to make PowerDVD the default player you can change the settings in PowerDVD

Settings > Player > Advanced > File Association..

This is also described in the "F1" Help....

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
csillver [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all. This will have to do. I don't have a default player as, lets face it, some software is better at certain things than others. Somethings I want Powerdvd for, some I don't.

This version plays pretty much everything I have. It just doesnt seem to show up in that options drop down menu with the other programs thats all. Thanks for the work arounds.