Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cutting Tools
BFENNE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2012 09:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using the PhotoDirector 11 Trial and do not see any cutting tools. Are there any tools that will alow you you to pick up the outline of a person or object to be cut?
[Post New]
Hello BFENNE,

No, that feature is not part of PhotoDirector. If I understand you correctly, you're referring to Selection Tools that allow you to choose specific areas of the image.

You'll find such features in dedicated graphics editing software, such as PhotoShop.

In PhotoDirector, you can apply gradient masks to broad areas of the photo but that (I don't think) is what you're after.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
BFENNE [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks and you are correct. I ask becuase I was thinking getting the PD10 and PD11 combo. So now I have to think if I would be better served gettingh the Adobe Elements and Photoshop combo or go with the Power Director 10 Ultra and Adobe Photoshop individually.

Anyone have any thoughts?
amk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2012 23:08 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
well ... i guess having PD ultra and photoshop individually is a good option but you have to look for your budget as well
BFENNE [Avatar]
[Post New]
Would it be better to just do Adobe Elements with Photoshop or is Power Director Ultra a better video editor?