Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
play back - block Pixels
Barbara [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2007 15:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has any one had a problem with the full version of power director 6.0, when playing back a video, that there are block of pixels missing or basically changing color either multi color or much darker than the video its self.

I have this "problem" sent over to support, but I was just wondering, if anyone else ran into this...

I ran this same video with the trial version and had no problem with it, but when I installed the full version the problem started to proliferate its self over my videos. - Support said it was my drivers.. so in the mean time I was purchasing a new computer, and am still having the same problem with the new machine, sent the diagtxt file to support and now it looks like it was never the drivers in the first place.

Any clues to what may be wrong would be helpful.. display settings... nvidia 3d control settings... anything.. excluding reformat my machine since it is only 1 week old.

thanks for any assistance
barb
PetRose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2007 07:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Barbara
I was triggered by your mentioning of nVidia 3D controls in your message.
If you like myself are having a 'standard PC' bought from the shelf (like my two MedionPC's) with some sort of nVidia Video Card builtin, you are likely to have various sorts of Video problems. Just to mention a few from my own hard experienced ones (of especially my GeForce FX5200):
  • Systems Breakdowns (BSOD Blue Screen of Deaths) while working in ordinary desktop programs (like Word/Excel). System Exception STOP 9C

• Problems in upgrading Video Drivers (4-in-1 and subsequent)

• Bad Video playback quality on PC

• The last one seems still to be my problem, even after a looong period of trying to find a solution, that now seems to have its root cause in nVidia drivers (incl. WDM for Video Capture).
    My experience was resolved by this version of nVidia drivers (to GeForce FX5200 and several of this family):
  • Obtain this (and only this !) ForceWare drivers: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_163.75_uk.html

• Obtain this (and only this !) WDM (and WDM A/V Crossbar) drivers: 4.13_forceware_wdm.exe (do a search)

• Obtain 'Driver Cleaner' free-/share-ware tool (search) and read its README.TXT for guidance on nVidia Driver upgrade - a 10 step procedure.

• This worked for me , except that I still suffer from (really) bad Video playback, making it hard to determine quality issues with my Video material....
    Hope you can benefit from this feedback and Happy New Year too.
    regards
    /PetRose

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 30. 2007 16:48

David [Avatar]
    Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
    [Post New]
    A new machine doesn't mean it's got new drivers, they are probably older than PD6. Graphics chipset drivers are released very frequently, almost a new driver every month.

Make sure you have the latest drivers from the GPU manufacturer, not the card manufacturer. i.e if you have a Gainward card get drivers straight from Nvidia not Gainward.