Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Highlighting player in Football Video
eerf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 12:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I am trying to highlight my son in football videos when he was in pee wee football. I am new to this and welcome any suggestions. This is what I am currently doing:

1. I freeze frame the video clip where I want to insert a mark.
2. I use PiP Paint Designer to draw an arrow over his head.
3. I insert the PiP in the timeline at the same spot as the freeze frame with same durations.
4. When doing the next clip, I do everything the same, but I have to click on the first PiP I drew and choose "Edit Paint Animation", then click on the trash can (Clear the Canvas) and then re-draw a new PiP over my son's head again.

I don't know if this is the only way or if there is a better way to do this, or if I can use a single PiP object and freely move it over his head every time. If anyone has any better ideas on how I can highlight him on the field, please give any suggestions.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 14:19

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi eerf -

It sounds like it would be a simpler process to use a single PiP Object, such as an arrow, circle or other marker and apply a motion path to it to track your son's movements.

Another senior contributor, Cranston, made this Highlight tutorial in PD8 http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots?feature=mhee#p/u/34/8DsgWu3bMtM - and I believe he's been working on an updated version for PD10.

In the attached example, I just used a circle & an arrow with transparent backgrounds (.png)... also attached. Once it's sized in the timeline, it's easy to apply keyframes to track movement.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - YELLOW_RIGHT.diag.png]
 Filename
YELLOW_RIGHT.diag.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
 Filename
Highlight.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1695 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
[Thumb - circle8.png]
 Filename
circle8.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
119 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi eerf,

A new step by step Highlighting tutorial (for PD9 & 10), which covers using a simple image overlay, or applying an effect to serve as a highlight, is available here...
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots?feature=mhee#p/u/0/Cxf5e6Ry9_o

EDIT: New link added

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2012 02:21

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
eerf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 12:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, really appreciate it. That is exactly what I was looking for.