Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP Objects Strange things going on
MARK_W [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2012 08:50 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Please, some help if you can.
I am changing the opacity of a Key Frame, and in doing so, it changes the path of the object curve.

If you look at the before picture I attach, this is how the path of the object should take.
As soon as I change the opacity for the key frame, the path alters as seen in the After picture.

Is PD10 meant to do this?, is there a setting so it doesn't do it.

Also, do you know why the Values for opacity, h scale, W scale are disabled, only the sliders work.

Many Thanks

Mark
[Thumb - Before.jpg]
 Filename
Before.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Before
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
[Thumb - after.jpg]
 Filename
after.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
after
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
203 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2012 09:37

MARK_W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello again.

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to look into this?

Many Thanks

Mark
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

I'm bumping your post here, since another post
about opacity just came up.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21578.page

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
MARK_W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

Thanks 1Nina for your post, I don't know if they are the same problem, but
I have attched an example project to see if others can replicate the problem I get with the PiP object.

Once loaded, please select the PiP object within the timeline.
Click the Keyframe button, then in the Keyframe Settings, drop down Clip attributes.
Move to the next keyframe so the red ball is sitting at the top of the screen.
Change the Opacity value, and for me the Object path changes.
To my mind it should remain as a circle.

Any Ideas

Many Thanks

Mark
[Thumb - ball (1).png]
 Filename
ball (1).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)
 Filename
TestFeb2012.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
355 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark -

Yes - absolutely - I confirm your findings on my PD10.

Modifying opacity keyframes in the keyframes settings causes the motion path to go haywire!

Other things I noted while investigating...

1. Modifying opacity in PiP Designer works as expected (and achieves the same thing)
2. Modifying other attributes (hue, saturation, brightness etc) in keyframe settings has no impact on motion path.

Evidenced in attachments (project & produced file demo)... and who knows what low res WMV production did to my red circle?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Opacity Keyframes.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
897 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)
 Filename
Opacity Keyframes.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MARK_W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Lots of thanks ynotfish

I thought I was alone with this.

Do you think this is a job for CyberLink support IT people?

Many thanks

Mark
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
No worries Mark -

I guess some would say that a random sample of 2 is not statistically valid, but it's 100% FAIL so far!

It'd be interesting to see whether others find the same thing. You'd have to say that this aspect wasn't tested properly before implementation, on the basis of evidence so far.

Not sure if tech support would take it on, but it's certainly an issue R&D should investigate.

As a side note, I cannot see the point of having opacity keyframes in both Keyframes Settings & PiP Designer. Two tools for the same job, unless I just haven't explored it fully enough. Anyway - at least one of the tools works for opacity!

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Can confirm the same issue with the motion path and opacity change. No clue why it would do that, just adding more documentation to the issue.
ynotfish
[Post New]
3 outa 3 ain't bad (Meatloaf?)
[Post New]
Quote: 3 outa 3 ain't bad (Meatloaf?)

LOL Then this must be Paradise by the Video Editing Light
MARK_W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi

Thanks to all for testing my findings.
I have now submitted this to tec support

Thanks again

Mark
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the ball (1).png file and pds file and loaded them in the PD10. I then added true circle and found that the ball (1) png is oblong and not a true circle. I used two blue circle, one changed the opacity level and size then aligned it to follow the red circle. The other blue circle had no made changes to it, except that I had it to lead the other circles in the motion path.

When playing the motion effect the red circle is oblong in shape and the two blue circles are a true circle in shape. However once the file was produced as a WMV file, all three circles have an oblong effect when viewing the WMV file.

Went back a produced it as a MPEG-2 file, this time the red circle was still oblong due to it starting out as oblong, but the two blue circles remained as a true circle.

So I would say that making a WMV file is the issue. Maybe this will be of some help for the programmers.

Hope this helps everyone.
Bill
 Filename
Motion-Red Circle-WMV.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
The same file produced as a WMV File
 Filesize
6193 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
392 time(s)
 Filename
Motion-Red Circle-MPEG-2.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
The file produced as a MPEG-2 file
 Filesize
5518 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
345 time(s)
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
MARK_W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi wh7262

The tech support replied to my submission with,
“I escalated your previous email and will respond to it, once I get response from the concern team.”

So hopefully it will all fixed soon

Thanks
Mark
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi wh7262

The tech support replied to my submission with,
“I escalated your previous email and will respond to it, once I get response from the concern team.”

So hopefully it will all fixed soon

Thanks
Mark

So they have a "concern" team? They must have an "unconcern" team, too.

Sorry, that was too good to pass up. Jerry Schwartz
wh7262
[Post New]
Maybe all of the issues should be under "The UnconcernTeam" rather than Power Director? I will cast my vote on for that, that way we know no one will answer our questions and concerns.

Bill Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

wh7262
[Post New]
Mark,

Was just curious about the shape and rotation of the red circle. I have noticed the red circle is an elliptical shape, not a true circle, this could have been one cause associated to shape changing.

Another thought just occurred to me, did you apply any rotation of the image itself?

Please look at these short videos I made concerning your issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAgrR8dxkRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXKRN0VIw3I

And this last link I made using Sony Vegas and I used your red circle and my green and blue circle to show how they should have rotated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRowv0Tl7o

Bill
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------

MARK_W [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi wh7262

Many thanks for all our effects.

To be honest the shape of the object is not important here, it was just an example, the problem is the path that the object takes.
If you load the example project I uploaded and select Keyframes, move to the 2nd keyframe and change the Opacity the path changes.

Sorry if I miss lead you, with my wording of a circle object, which is in fact elliptical shaped as you say.

Again thanks for looking into this.

I have every hope that the PD developers will fix this, but as other users have pointed out, the above change can be also be achieved by using the PIP designer, just that the screen size is a lot smaller.

Thanks

Mark

ynotfish
[Post New]
G'day Bill -

After watching your video with the elliptical balls, I couldn't help seing if I could replicate what you were finding. Well - I'm left with about 20 .wmv files of various resolutions & bitrates in which every single circle retains its perfectly circular shape throughout the motion.

I'd post one here, but they're quite uninteresting.

As Mark mentioned, his issue is the motion path changing when using the keyframes settings (as opposed to PiP Designer).

BUT - even though it's not exactly on-topic - I'd still be interested to find out what's happening with the circles at your end. I've tried & tried to make them fatten up but nothing works!

Cheers - Tony
wh7262
[Post New]
Good Morn All,

Must have jumped the gun and did not completely understand what Mark's issue was really all about, but I was able to obtain the same results but in a different way.

After I first read Mark's issue, downloaded his PDS file and red ball file. As I played the file in PD10 I did see how the circle appeared to be elliptical in shape and rotated in a circular motion as it traveled through the motion path.

I then added by blue circle and played the same file. The results were, the red circle still had an elliptical shape and the blue circle retained it's shape.

Then I saved this video as a WMV file, played the through VLC Media Player, and sure enough my bkue circle had changed shapes as well.

In the attached WMV file I have added a two smaller true circle, a green circle and the original blue circle that was used to show how PD10 is squeezing the circles into an elliptical shape when being saved as a WMV file. I took the WMV file, added the smaller circles and created another wmv through another video editing program for you all to actually see the what is really happening.
The attached WMV file was Rendered/Produce in the following settings:
6.7Mbps HD 1080-25 Video.
Use this setting for high-quality HD video playback on a 3.0 GHz computer or better.
Audio: 192 Kbps, 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, WMA
Video: 25 fps, 1440x1080 Progressive, WMV, 7 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.333

I know when working with just the smaller blue and green circles in the attached video, I made 47 keyframes for the motion path to be as close to a true circle as I needed for the amount of time spent placing and making, oh forgot, reviewing 42 times before being satisfied with the motion path's circle. Like I stated earlier I used a different program for making the smaller circles.

Maybe I am missing something as well, like a brain

But I will go back and look at Mark's issue with another viewpoint "as Mark mentioned, his issue is the motion path changing when using the keyframes settings (as opposed to PiP Designer)" and see what happening there.

Also another idea has just popped into this brain. How about I used Camtasia and make a video of my monitor in real time for one to see what I am seeing? It could be just me eyesight is fading. hahaha Please, let me know.

Bill

Filename
Red-Green-Blue True-Elliptical Circles.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Showing the WMV file and true circles
 Filesize
2677 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
355 time(s)
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Bill -

That's OK. We all do that from time to time, me included.

Anyway - it appears we are looking at two separate issues so it may be best if we open a new topic for this one. Done http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/21805.page#116361

Mark's problem (well - it's PD10's problem, really!) is that modifying opacity keyframes in the keyframes settings window causes the motion path to be distorted.

Doing the same thing in PiP Designer causes no change to the shape of the motion path.

Cheers - Tony