Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing first part of video after rendering
rhenry01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2012 10:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:

I searched for and couldn't find any information on my problem. I rendered a 13.5 minute video (PD10, H.264 AVC, 1920X1080/60p) and let it run overnight. The next morning I played the video and it is missing the first 7 minutes or so. This is the second time this has happened, the first time I chalked it up to a glitch on my laptop but this time it was on a completely different computer.

If you could point me to a link or help out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Rick
Memphis TN
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi all:

I searched for and couldn't find any information on my problem. I rendered a 13.5 minute video (PD10, H.264 AVC, 1920X1080/60p) and let it run overnight. The next morning I played the video and it is missing the first 7 minutes or so. This is the second time this has happened, the first time I chalked it up to a glitch on my laptop but this time it was on a completely different computer.

If you could point me to a link or help out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Rick
Memphis TN

Very likely you have something in that first 7 minutes of video that is causing PD to fail to render.
If you have modified the first 7 minutes with transitions, or enhancements, that may be the source of your problems.
Also, PD does not like some video formats.

You can turn on the Preview in the Produce module, start with preview turned on and watch for PD to freeze or very long pause during that first 7 minutes.

When you find the area of fault, modify or remove it.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe a screenshot of your timeline would help. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rhenry01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Maybe a screenshot of your timeline would help.

Barry:
I'm going to run with what Carl brought up and if I still can't figure it out I'll post that picture. Thanks!
Quote:
You can turn on the Preview in the Produce module, start with preview turned on and watch for PD to freeze or very long pause during that first 7 minutes.

When you find the area of fault, modify or remove it.

Carl:

I think you are on to something. I did have video denoise, stabilization and light correction enhancements on. While I was not watching the preview I did have my Intel performance monitor active while rendering (I built this computer just for video rendering and since it is new I wanted to watch things like CPU utilization and CPU temperature.) At one point during the render I noticed that CPU and HDD % utilization went to near zero and the PD10 process ID went to 0%. I looked at PD10 and I believe that it was at about the 7 minute mark in the render. Is there any way to tell what will make the render hiccup like this?

I'm going to investigate this and see what I can discover.

[Off Topic]
Carl:

I read your website. In your "Things I Hate" you say you dislike commercials taking up 18 minutes of the hour of TV you watch. I listen to the radio and digitally record an overnight program that I enjoy. My recorder (An XM receiver) doesn't record the commercials (when the show title changes) so I get a good indication of the amount of commercials on this program. But still there was a lot of non-content time on the program so I decided to kill some more of my time buy finding out just how much content I was getting. It turned out that just about 50% of the program was non-content. Bumper music, live read commercials and self promotion really took it's toll on content. That is my pet peeve!
[/Off Topic]
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Carl:

I think you are on to something. I did have video denoise, stabilization and light correction enhancements on. While I was not watching the preview I did have my Intel performance monitor active while rendering (I built this computer just for video rendering and since it is new I wanted to watch things like CPU utilization and CPU temperature.) At one point during the render I noticed that CPU and HDD % utilization went to near zero and the PD10 process ID went to 0%. I looked at PD10 and I believe that it was at about the 7 minute mark in the render. Is there any way to tell what will make the render hiccup like this?

I'm going to investigate this and see what I can discover.

[Off Topic]
Carl:

What do you have on the timeline at the 7 minute mark?

Just as a test (new Project) you might cut (remove) everything past the 7 minutes and try producing that 7 minute video.
Then turn on the preview, I think you will be able to see when and what the render hangs on.

Once you find that point just remove that enhancement or transition and try the render again.

It is just a process of elimination to find the hiccup.

On the dislikes:
The amount of time for non program content is going up all the time.
Your 50% is extreme, but not surprising.

In this dog eat dog world, stations are just trying to survive.

Consumers are on the losing end. One thing about it, consumers do not have to buy the products and services being broadcast.

Stations do not care, they just want and need the revenue.

The really nice thing about technology, we now have the means to skip all of the commericals.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

rhenry01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I'll try it over the next few day when I have a chance. I'll post what I find.
keglined [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2013 15:39 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also having this problem.

Movie is 12:02:09, and have attempted rendering/producing three times. Each time the amount of the movie that "makes it" into the final production changes.

3:00 first go-around
10:57 second go-around
6:27 third try

First two tries were AVI default settings, third try WMV, also default settings.

Media I used to in the movie are:

MP3s
MOVs
JPGs

MOVs and JPGs all from the same camera, and the MP3s were all ripped from CDs/are in my WMP library.

Everything else (effects, transitions, keyframing, etc) were done internally.

Please help - I cannot believe the trial went so well, and now that I've paid for it this is happening.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2013 13:13

Carl312
[Post New]
Please help - I cannot believe the trial went so well, and now that I've paid for it this is happening

Did you use the same Project file in the retail version?

You should have the same result in the retail version as you had with the Trial version if you used the same source material and the same project file (pds).

That is assuming that you removed the Trial before installing the retail version.