Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need for tutorial DVD's for new users
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Grayfox72,

You can download the tutorial video on Youtube using the Youtube Downloader HD

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/

One tip, when you are watching a video, click on Share then Options and choose the long link.
Copy that link and paste into Youtube Downloader HD Video URL.

Youtube Downloader needs the long link to work.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Barry, I hope so at age 73, I don't have as much time remaining as a 21 year old kid.... LOL

You better hurry...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2012 18:19

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Charlie23 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Orlando, FL Joined: Nov 18, 2011 13:22 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a tip that helped me start understanding how PD10 works...when you 1st open PD, instead of opening the full featured editor and trying to figure out everything from scratch, if you have photos on your computer open "Slideshow Creator" and add 15 or 20 photos and see what it does. Better yet if you have some video, open " Easy editor" and add 5 or 6 video clips along with some photos and let it make a production for you. You can then go to the timeline view and see that it added transitions, effects, titles, etc. and you can kind of study the timeline as you view the video see...oh, that's how it did that!...helped me. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 16 GB RAM
Intel Core i7 2600k
nVidia GTX 560i
PD 10 build 1129b
gladys [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 27, 2012 19:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
No where I have seen anything about extracted VHS to the computer and editing it
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]

Grayfox72,

You are right about things going fast.
(And when tuts aren’t even in ones native language……)
But that’s when Barry points out that you can pause, or stop and rewind.
For years I have done what Carl is saying; downloaded tutorials. As I use Firefox, it’s
only a click. One of my drivers is more or less filled up with them.
Complex programs I have learned my way around by doing – and by watching tutorials.
One has to be willing to give it time.

I often remind myself that the hobby I have, photo and video, actually are crafts.
I do want to learn constantly, to see if I can make my productions better and worth
watching, but I realize I can only do small steps at the time.

Tutorials are everywhere to be found on the net.
Not all are good made/produced. You learn where to go and who to watch as time goes by.
I am impressed by people around the world who are sharing not only their knowledge,
but also resources – for free!!

Give it time, and you’ll get the hang of it.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gladis,
what would you like to see? I extracted some old VHS form a Panasonic super 8 Video camera and processed through PD10, with favorable results...sltho' I didn't do it using PD10 I just edited in Pd 9. I used a Dazzle gadget and save to computer then imported the videos.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
I found the easiest way to get VHS to a digital form is using a program and hardware called VHS to DVD.

I purchased this at a local electronics supply. It is very easy to use and does a great job. Basically you plug in the hardware to your PC via USB, and to your camera or VCR via RCA.

With the program installed you just operate the onscreen control like a VCR. Click record on the screen, then play on your camera/VCR. You watch a preview on your PC and you can pause the recording and shuttle the camera/VCR to the next spot and record again.

Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
If you really won't to know how you can do beautiful things in Power Director, watch Nina's video, Touching Frost, listed above on her Youtube channel. Just click on her channel above and watch or click below,

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=60johnin#p/u/0/Jqeg6apO81U

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2012 21:38

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.