Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition to slow motion?
[Post New]
Can you transition to slow motion/different frame rate or is it just on/off?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can you transition to slow motion/different frame rate or is it just on/off?

Explain what you mean.

If you split the video you can apply different effects and speeds.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can you transition to slow motion/different frame rate or is it just on/off?

I have not seen the ability to do that in PD10, it would be a good feature and I'd use it too. Simply adapt the keyframe logic used elsewhere so one can apply unique combintation of frame rate to a video segment so it transitions smooth.

Jeff
[Post New]
Transitioning from 1x to 0.5x over a 1 second span, using key frames.
Grumpy [Avatar]
Member Location: Surrey, BC Joined: Jan 24, 2012 17:35 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
What I have done in the past is to not just split and slowmo the the clip, I've split the slowmo clip into a few pieces and progressively slowed each clip progressively more until I get to the section I want the desired effect.

Being a PD newbie I have to ask how I can find out "how much" I have changed the speed of the clip. My previous editor showed a playback rate so that I could see how far off the original I was. This way I could refer to the modified clip properties to get a smooth transition into slow motion.

Update: If you want to use my method to transition into slow motion; Power Tools > Video Speed.
You can slow each of the split slips down a bit more than the preceding one until you get to the desired speed. Tedious I know, but for now that is all I have to offer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2012 14:07

Richard

PD10, build 10.0.1129b SR VDE111213-07
Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel Quad core 3.3 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel on board graphics display (shares the RAM), 931 GB free space