Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 6 in Vista Basic
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2007 08:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I am using PD6 in Vista Basic, my camcorder is the Sony DCR-HD35e. When I click on the capture tab in PD 6 only recognises my video as AUDIO. I have tried installing my USB Software which came with my camera but it says it won't install with my windows, yet according to Sony's website my camera is fully supported by Vista so there are no new drivers to download. And I have used the Software Test on Cyberlink's website and it says that my software is fully vista compatible. Can any one help me with this.
Many Thanks
John
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

I think you should check out the latest update patch:
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html

Let me know how you get on.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried using Microsoft Movie Maker which is included in Vista?

I have the same problem as you but rather than fight it I used MMM and it worked, and never bothered to troubleshoot it further. I then import the AVI file that MMM creates into the PD project.

Its probably a simple fix but lets see what others say... If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Amon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2007 23:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I have the same problem as John.
I downloaded the patch but cannot install it. My computer is freezing.
It is a brand new computer with plenty of power.

PD cannot see my video camera when I use USB connection. PD can see it when I use firewire but I was reading that PD does not work with fire wire. What else can you use to connect camera to PC other then USB or fire wire?

Hala
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
How exactly are you both trying to bring a video in?

I cant locate a Sony DCR-HD35e in Google search.....

Please give more accurate information as to the cameras you are both using.

I've used a firewire connection with PD for years... without any problem....

Dafydd
Amon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,

I have Sony DCR-PC330E and I am using 1394 wire as it is the only one that works. Quickscan downloads some files but when I try to do capture it captures only few clips or none at all.

I have no problem downloading to MovieMaker but would like to use PD as it has better features.

Thanks for your help
Amon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
I had some success today and was able to capture part of my movie from the video camera.

I tried first tape and PD only captured 17 out of 380 intervals.

I tried second tape and PD captured 94 out of 215 intervals.

After capturing 17 and 95 intervals PD was rewinding in my camera the clip back and forward for hours before I turned it off.

Those 17 and 95 intervals did not include all clips/scenes that were recorded with my camera. It looks like PD just selected what it wanted and omitted/cut out a lot of scenes.

And I get an error message "Unable to locate timecode". I am not sure if it is important.

Is there any chance to make this software work?

Thanks
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry about the delay in replying.
Here is a snapshot of my pc when using PD.
see capture.gif image

In the PD menu Capture, there are no devices, everything is greyed out.

But the Windows Vista OS sees the JVC camera and I can use Windows Movie Maker to grab live video or read the DV tape to a file.

Then I can use PD to import a file to the timeline.

Its always been this way and if it were not for WMM I would probably have troubleshooted the problem.

When I plug in the camera firewire, Vista pings audibly and shows this second image asking where I want to save video.

See choicemenu.jpg image

It does not matter what option I choose, PD never sees the camera, but WMM does.

Filename
capture.gif
[Disk]
 Description
capture
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
 Filename
choicemenu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
choicemenu
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 27. 2007 15:35

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Amon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ron,

Do you loose quality of the picture in the process or it is the same as in your camera?

Do you use USB cable or fire wire? When I used USB PD could not see my video camera, but with fire wire it did.
Videocentricity
[Post New]
When i transfer say 5 minutes of video from camera to WMM I get about 2Gbytes of .AVI file created.

If I import the .AVI to PD and Produce without any further editing that could create anything from 2Mb to 60Mbytes depending on the quality I save with.

So I guess the original quality is the same as the camera. I use firewire and Vista sees the camera. I need to test it too with the trial copy of Video Edit Magic wich is also loaded.

I general, PD is functioning properly with exception of Capture and one other detail. When I try to modify the font size of Titles it does not accept a font-size change. Changing font changes the appearance and default size depending on the font chosen, but I cant make it bigger or smaller/ Color Shadow etc actions on the text works OK.

I will PM Dafydd with more details later.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2007 12:34

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ron,

Font size issue altering in Titles.

This occurred in 1604a build. It was corrected in 1731b and later - please download and apply the latest update 2319.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html

I'll look out for the PM/email

Dafydd
Amon [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Ron for you help.

I have captured my movie from camera with Roxio and imported it into PD6 for editing and quality is very good!!! At last!!

I have one more question.
Is it normal for PD6 to rewind tape in my video camera back and forward during capture? It looks a bit strange as this does not happen in WMM.