Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've made some progress with the VRO file, but still need help...
McCullough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 19:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Okay, so I had a VRO file of a basketball game that won't play on most DVD players, I tried to convert it to VOB with PD5, but that did not work.

I found a program on the internet that converted it to an Mpeg file, which plays just fine on my computer. I import it into PD5 to create a DVD, it imports fine, plays fine as a clip. It is about one hour and 44 minutes in real time long, however the properties say it is three hours and sixteen minutes long, and so I cannot produce to a 4.7 gb DVD. The Mpeg file is the same size as others that I have done recently, so it's really not that big, but for some reason the properties are wrong.

When I originally recorded this with my Samsung DVR it was longer, but I cut it down to just the basketball game, and so I suspect my problem is there, but I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the properties so this will work the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for any help.

Susan
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Copy the file to your hard drive and rename it to .mpg or .mpeg and try importing it into PD.

The files on a DVD are actually Mpegs with different names and additional files used in chapters I think. If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Stephen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2007 16:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've had trouble importing VRO files into Power Director 6. Cyberlink are being very helpful and at their invitation I've sent 2 VRO files to Taiwan for them to look at. VRO users unite, eh?
McCullough [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 19:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Ron, just renaming the file worked perfectly. I then had PD detect the scenes & was able to cut out all the extraneous "time" that showed up in the properties.

Thanks so much.

Susan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Stephen had to re-send the VRO files - thanks Stephen.

The culminating test:
DVD disc containing a 3.3GB VRO file.

Two tests - PD6 (1731b+2319_patch):
1. Copy to HDD
Played in timeline and library,
neither lip sync nor unresponsiveness issue.

2. Directly import from DVD disc
Played in timeline, no lip sync issue.
Sometimes unresponsive after dragging seeking bar (but not
hang after dozens of seconds).
Leave PD6 for a while after waveform shows up,
The responsiveness after seeking is mostly ok.

If the need is to edit, the suggested action is to move the VRO files into the Hard Drive (HDD).

Dafydd