Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade to PDVD Ultra uninstalls 7 and stops!?
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2007 17:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I've just upgraded to ultra & the 99mb install - runs fine, then says "This will uninstall 7". OK I say, expecting that it needs to do a fresh install....then stops. So I click on the install again - it tells me I need to have v7 installed! I reboot just to make sure I'm running clean...and try again - you need v.7 it cries! So I install 7, add my old key...that works fine...try upgrade & it tries the same loop - "this will uninstall v.7"...oh, no not twice in a row. So now I'm stuck...help anyone, please?

I running 7 Deluxe, went the upgrade route, stuck card details in and got link and followed it as I normally do...only it's very broken this time. I've tried entering my ultimate key in the deluxe version and it says key invalid...which is not much of a supprise.

System is XP, fully patched. recently re-installed. Just added the 360 drive tonight -went without a hitch. Just can't get the blooming software to work. Video card is 6600 running NV drivers from about 3 weeks ago.

Is there any way to force the install of ultimate with a /switch?
Thanks.
Jay
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
For PowerDVD Upgrade installation issue.
I think you can ask the full build from CyberLink support.
It means that you don't need to install the previous PowerDVD then install PowerDVD Ultra upgrade build.
tab_co [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2007 18:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
same issue in Vista x86. Bought upgrade which will not install without it removing previous copy which it needs to install the upgrade. Go figure!!
ichessblumen [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 25, 2007 04:12 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
hell, same problem with upgrade from PDVD standard.
Can't believe it. I am really pi**ed.

wrote cyberlink and got a ticket...we'll see. *angry....*
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2007 12:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here, Submitted ticket if they don't come up with a solution in a couple of days I'll ask for a refund and RMA the disc drive and buy the kids a PS3 for Christmas!
Daisuke [Avatar]
[Post New]
My friend got the same problem.
His PowerDVD version is 7.0.1725
When he tried to upgrade PDVD Ultra from previous PowerDVD under Windows XP platform.
The PDVD Ultra installshield remove preovius version PDVD, then nothing happened.....

I reported this issue to CL support team....
lpg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2007 13:44 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, I cannot believe they have not fixed this problem yet. It still exists. Got my support ticket - waiting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2007 13:50

Karl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2007 05:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The same problem with me, upgrade from PDVD7 to Ultra removes Version7 and finish, no more action.

Reported to support - got a ticket - waiting!
Karl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2007 05:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Problem was solved within 3 days. Support sent a full version of "Ultra".
That works without problems.

I am satisfied, thanks to support.

But Cyberlink urgent has to make "rework" on the Upgrade Version.
Geoff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 15:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have also got the same problem - paid for the upgrade, downloaded the update. It uninstalled my product then refused to install as no suitable product found.
I immediately emailed support... But am still waiting.
This is not the first problem that I have had with Cyberlink. If they do not resolve soon I will take legal action as they have taken my money under false pretences and I am not able to enjoy my new Blu-Ray disks over the xmas break...

Not impressed!
Geoff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 15:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It took a few days, but I was sent a link to download full version - mind you it took nearly 3 hours at circa 8-9kbps...
Tried restart, but speed was the same..

It works very well.....
Daisuke [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

Message from CyberLink support.
CyberLink fixed the issue.

Jean Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 14:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
When you tell that Cyberlink fixed the issue what you means
Because I spend 4 hours to upgrade my PowerDVD7.3 /BD 2ch/ OEM, bundled with my pioneer BD.
Each time where I run the setup it detects my installation then go uninstall the previous version that I have and stop the process . I tried on Vista Business and 2 Windows XP SP2 installations.
Is someware a patch of this bug or an update that I don’t find it ?
If no how Cyderlink fixed the issue???

Sorry about my bad English

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2007 16:08

Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2007 18:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, just done the same thing, pile of crap. It uninstalls the old version then stops...you try and run the new install file and it says you have to have the old version installed!!

The installer guy at Cyberlink should be shot/fired.

What next then? I can't uprade. V angry.

T
Shan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2007 21:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same issue. Cyberlink replied last night within an hour with a link to the full download and a new key. That resolved the issue. I used the software, along wiht my LG drive, to watch both HD-DVD and Blue-ray. Works pretty well. Guess this company is not so bad after all...they just need to do better testing or at least change their Upgrade software so that it will allow you to just point to a CD it can check rather than requiring a previous version to be installed.

Thanks,

Shan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2007 16:05

Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.nero.com/eng/nero8-latest-features.html

Nero 8 supports burining and playback of HD DVD and Blu-Ray content for the same price.