Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD menu questions
Melanie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2006 08:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Ok 2 issues with the menu setup..
1) when i set up the menus for my movie i am finding that the title on each menu page needs to be set manually for every single page - is there some way to tell it to be the same on each page?

2) on each menu page the chapter image is numbered - but the numbering starts fresh on each menu page - eg 1-4 on each page. Is there some way to get the numbering to continue through the chapter menus or to turn the number off?

Also is it possible to make my own menu templates or so i need a different program to have this level of functionality?

thanks
Bora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 20:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
1. I think there is no way. This is same dilemma I have. Unless someone can suggest an answer?
2. In PD4, the chapter numbers continue up to the end of the number of chapters? What version are you using? Also, you can remove the chapter numbers. I just forgot how I removed them 'very simply', coz Im not at home at the moment. I'll get back to you tomorrow..

jisbister [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2006 00:14 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
In my opinion, some of the inflexibility re: menues is the product's greatest downfall.

1. No, you must manually add the title on each title page. If you delete "My Video" you'll be left with a message to add a title, but that message does not burn onto the disc. I tend to add a title only one page 1, and then have subsequent title pages burn without title.

2. I'm also interested in knowing how to get rid of the numbers. For most (or at least the ones I've tried) I keep having the buttons numbered, and the numbering restarts from 1 on each title page.

Most of all, however, I wish there was a way to add many, many chapters to the routine yet specify which ones I want showing up on my menu page. (Bora and I have complained about this in another thread....).

3. Is *IS* possible to create your own menu, however you'll have to play around with the images you want to use for your background because PD5 offers no resizing of background image while in this mode. (Strange and annoying, but the resizing of images is available for other jobs, in other areas of the program). As well, you're limited in where you can place chapters buttons. Sure there are many choices, but I can never get *quite* what I want. In case the PD5 folks are reading, I'd also like just a plain text option, so that I can have text titles instead of graphical buttons on my menu pages.

To start the process of a custom menu, click "produce." The, instead of selecting a template, click the folder icon in the top left area. This will allow you to select whatever image you want the program using as your menu background. After this you can choose # buttons per page, frame, layout, etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2006 19:22

serrangeli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2006 19:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i have sent the same question to support regarding this problem hope if many people all complain they will fix it up and release a patcch very soon.

Marco
PapaSmile [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2008 10:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
TO MELANIE.. EASY:

1) when i set up the menus for my movie i am finding that the title on each menu page needs to be set manually for every single page - is there some way to tell it to be the same on each page?

ANSWER:

a) If you are using PowerDirector 6, go to the "STYLE" tab in the "Create Disc" module

b) You will find an "OPEN MENU DESIGNER TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR DISC MENU" icon on the right side of the left panel. Click on it.

c) First click on “MY VIDEOS" text object on the right panel and then press "DELETE" on you keyboard.

d) Click on “ADD OBJECT” above in the right panel menu icons and select “ADD TEXT”

e) Point and click you mouse over the background image of the menu and write the text that you want "to be the same on each page"

f) Then click on the "SAVE AS NEW TEMPLATE" in the top menu icons....and add it to your favorites….. That’s IT.!

2) on each menu page the chapter image is numbered - but the numbering starts fresh on each menu page - eg 1-4 on each page. Is there some way to get the numbering to continue through the chapter menus or to turn the number off?

ANSWER:

I never use the numbers to enumerate my chapters. I always create and rename my chapters in the EDIT module and always appear perfect in the menus.