Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pan and Zoom - when filming Houses,pictures etc. [TIP]
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
This will seem obvious when you read it but here is a tip for when you are taking a shot of a zoom-in or zoom-out of any subject.

Make your camera shot and use the zoom control on the camera as normal.

When you get into PD and are doing your editing, cut the track at the beginning and end of your zoom from points where there is no motion.

By this I mean e.g

Stattic image - Static image - CUT HERE Static image - ZOOMING - CUT HERE - ZOOMING - ZOOMING - ZOOMING -

So that the begin of the zooming is removed (and then do it for the end of the zooming too)

That way the jerky start to zooming and any camera shake are removed.

But wait - that loses part of my zoom time , you say.

NOW - go to Video (or PIP) Edit Time in PD

and for the zoom portion of the track , set the time to 0.5 speed

Now when you run the video what you will get is the static subject video followed by elegant half-speed zooming over and above whatever zoom rate you were using.

Obviously this only works for zooming in on people standing still or images of Oil Paintings or zooming in on a house. But what you will get is really smooth zoom and excellent jitter-free start and stop.

You can also try the 0.5 speed on panning across a house or other static subject and the pan is so much better than panning by hand even with fluid tripod heads.

Try it - You will like it.

Best Regards for the Holiday Season

WWW.VideoCentricity.Net Where you see yourself on the web

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 22. 2007 10:16

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
micheal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2010 05:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I like your post its quite informative and i love to visit you again as you have done a wonderful job. i love to bookmark this site and would send it to other friends to read it and visit it to get upto date and quite interesting information dental insurance, i like the way you are working,keep it up, i will be here again as i get some time from chicago investment property services because they make me little busy, but i would love to stuck here again checking account. Thanks for sharing nice information with us.