Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
rotate a video
winock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Saalfelden, Austria Joined: Aug 23, 2011 12:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My wife toke a video with a iphone and take the video in portrait mode, is there a way to rotate this to landscape? Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My wife toke a video with a iphone and take the video in portrait mode, is there a way to rotate this to landscape?

Yes,
With the video on the timeline, select clip mode, see the blue circle with the"+" grab the top of the circle, press left button and drag the video around to the orientation you want.

Produce to your chosen format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2012 10:15

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

winock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Saalfelden, Austria Joined: Aug 23, 2011 12:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
thanks, that did the job...

i´m newbee with powerdirector... Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
WilliamD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2014 20:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My wife toke a video with a iphone and take the video in portrait mode, is there a way to rotate this to landscape?

Yes,
With the video on the timeline, select clip mode, see the blue circle with the"+" grab the top of the circle, press left button and drag the video around to the orientation you want.

Produce to your chosen format.

if my video was square, this would have done it ... but since its rectangular, the video is rotated but the frame is not, therefore my rectangular video is now square and I am loosing a lot ... how do I prevent this, how do I get the entire video to rotate 90degrees and not just the video within the rectangle.

I later found the aspect ratio changer on top of screen and that fixed the above problem ... but now all I get is a very small video ... wondering why ... I didn't change the size, only rotated it ... why is it super small?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2022 19:28

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

if my video was square, this would have done it ... but since its rectangular, the video is rotated but the frame is not, therefore my rectangular video is now square and I am loosing a lot ... how do I prevent this, how do I get the entire video to rotate 90degrees and not just the video within the rectangle.

Hello,

Sounds like you want your video to have a 9:16 aspect ratio? Just change your project aspect ratio.

Please also tell us which version of PDR you are using and also attach a screenshot if possible.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
WilliamD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2014 20:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Sounds like you want your video to have a 9:16 aspect ratio? Just change your project aspect ratio.

Please also tell us which version of PDR you are using and also attach a screenshot if possible.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I changed the aspect ratio but now I have a size issue .... it hardly fills the screen.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Right. Now you need to use the PiP Designer to set the scale to a bigger size. If you haven't made any edits to the clip, simply delete it from the timeline and drag a new copy there so it will have the new aspect ratio from the start