Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio ? re: downmixing 5.1/7.1 to 2.0
soulrider4ever [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2012 05:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
How can I assure the proper setup to ensure that the downmix from 5.1/7.1 goes to 2.0 but includes the .1 channel in the downmix and I was wondering if the downmix includes the +10db the LFE normally gets by a receiver.

A little backdrop

OK, so I currently am using a CEntrance DACmini via USB for basic PC stuff and coaxial for stereo listening.

I run the analog out of that DAC into a HK3490 stereo receiver. The receiver has dual subwoofer outs, however, they are just HPF - so there are no small/large settings to play with. I am planning on purchasing a Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer in the near future.

I want to use PDVD11 for watching blu-rays and I really need some help in thinking thru the best way to configure my PC audio to get a full 2.1 movie experience via the DACmini. I can go either USB or COAX, however, I need to make sure that which ever route I go, I will get the full LFE track from the movie. The speakers have their own crossover, so I am not concerned about sending LFE signal to them.
soulrider4ever [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nobody knows this??
MARK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2011 16:24 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
On the amp, can't you select the LFE to on and then the low frequencies will be sent to the subwooofer?
soulrider4ever [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not on the HK3490, that's not an issue, The sub has a internal crossover I can use, I just want to make sure that the .1 that is being downmixed from pdvd is getting left in the 2.0 mix and preferrably with the +10db on the .1 so I don't have to change volumes from music to a movie.