Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Copyright material" error. Is this still a problem with Power Director 10?
Godfather [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2012 05:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am using Power Director 8, and when I capture my analogue vhs cassettes via video 2 PC it stops recording and I get a "copyright error". Has this annoying problem been resolved with Power Director 10?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am using Power Director 8, and when I capture my analogue vhs cassettes via video 2 PC it stops recording and I get a "copyright error". Has this annoying problem been resolved with Power Director 10?

I do not know about PD 10, but I would guess not.

The Copyright error comes from noise in the analog capture of the video tape. When you have gaps in the recording, PD thinks that is Macromedia copyright protection.

You can use Windows Movie Maker to capture your Video Tape, It is not disturbed by noise on the tape.

Or you can 'baby-sit' the tape and have no gaps in the video. Be sure there is Video when you start the recording/playback.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Godfather [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded windows live movie maker yesterday but I am unable to capture the video. it says that the "usb 2861" might be running with another program. I get the same error when I try capture with sony vegas. I was told that sony vegas cannot capture usb video only via firewire.

I purchased a device that does not work with the original software "power director", it does not work with sony vegas and it does not work with Windows live movie maker.

I don't understand why "ION video 2 pc" is using power director software, because clearly I have now purchased garbage.

What are my other options, any other program recommendations.

(thank you again for your reply)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Is this the software you downloaded?

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-movie-maker-get-started?T1=t2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2012 13:41

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Godfather [Avatar]
[Post New]
It just does not want to accept my usb 2861 ION video 2 PC unit.
I now downloaded a small free program called 'debut video capture software' and this seems to be a solution to my problem.

Only time will tell, after 2 hours of capture I will see if it will work. ;
Godfather [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perfect!

2 days of hell I went through with the special thanks to power directors annoying copyright errors.

I now will be using a free program that is only 32mb in size and does exactly what I expect it to do, and that is to capture video using my "ion Video 2 pc" hardware.

http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/50123/Debut_Video_Capture_Software.html
Carl312
[Post New]
Always good to hear something works! Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Marc Selman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2013 19:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
@Godfather: Thanks you for the great tip about Debut Video Capture!
It works great and is also free.
No annoying copyright errors on my old home videos!
[Post New]
Quote: Perfect!

2 days of hell I went through with the special thanks to power directors annoying copyright errors.

I now will be using a free program that is only 32mb in size and does exactly what I expect it to do, and that is to capture video using my "ion Video 2 pc" hardware.

http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/50123/Debut_Video_Capture_Software.html

Godfather,

Sadly that website that sells your "ion Video 2 pc" product says it is no longer available together with several other items.

Phil Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Carl312
[Post New]
Deleted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2013 08:55