Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copyright material error unresolved! Please help.
Godfather [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2012 05:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased ION Video to PC converter and power director is the software supplied in the package.

I cannot get the software to work.

The problem I am having is the capture. On the disk they supply a program cyberlink power Director 8. All works well when I start the capture, but a few minutes into the capture it suddenly stops with an error of "Copyright" material. This is my home movies I recorded with my camcorder, what copyright material is that?

What must I do do bypass this error as clearly there cannot be copyright infringement.

(I am using windows 7 and the video to pc unit is compatible with windows 7)

I have now gone to the IONAudio.com website and downloaded EZ video converter and converting at this very moment, only problem is that the preview window video is delayed by about 2 seconds from the audio. I hope the end of capture the video and audio wont be delayed.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I purchased ION Video to PC converter and power director is the software supplied in the package.

I cannot get the software to work.

The problem I am having is the capture. On the disk they supply a program cyberlink power Director 8. All works well when I start the capture, but a few minutes into the capture it suddenly stops with an error of "Copyright" material. This is my home movies I recorded with my camcorder, what copyright material is that?

What must I do do bypass this error as clearly there cannot be copyright infringement.

The cause is noise on the video tape. Or gaps in the video. You go along fine, until there is video dropout or a gap in the Video.

The work around is to use Windows Movie Maker to capture the video tape.

If the capture device has a software to capture and record a MPG or AVI file, you can import that file into Powerdirector.

(I am using windows 7 and the video to pc unit is compatible with windows 7)

I have now gone to the IONAudio.com website and downloaded EZ video converter and converting at this very moment, only problem is that the preview window video is delayed by about 2 seconds from the audio. I hope the end of capture the video and audio wont be delayed.

Video converters do not add any delay to the video/audio. They just change the file format.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Godfather [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2012 05:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Just to finalize my post.

2 days of hell I went through with the special thanks to power directors annoying copyright errors.

I now will be using a free program that is only 32mb in size and does exactly what I expect it to do, and that is to capture video using my "ion Video 2 pc" hardware.

http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo/50123/Debut_Video_Capture_Software.html
Guess Who [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2012 05:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
^ Thanks for the link, I'll try that out too.

I also bought a capture device with PowerDirector bundled. It appeared to be brilliant software and I was considering buying a newer version, but then I ran into the same error.

Why should I (or anyone else for that matter) pay $70 - $100 for an amazing software package that is easy to use and rich in features, but refuses to do the job for which it is intended.

The only reason I have such a device is to record my old camcorder VHS tapes and make DVDs from them.
And here I get "professional" proprietry software that can't even do what Freeware can.

The most upsetting part is that PowerDirector can actually do this, but refuses to for an invalid reason.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What capture device you purchase greatly affects your success rate in capturing VHS tapes in Powerdirector.

The quality of the video tapes makes a big difference also. If you have noisy video tape, you get the copyright errors because Powerdirector thinks the noise is Macrovision copyright protection.

You avoid the copyright error by making sure you have clean video when you press the Record button in PD's capture module.

There are a lot of cheap Video Capture devices, none of them work well in Powerdirector.

If you buy a quality capture device, you have greater success in Powerdirector.

The best success rate is with a stand alone capture device that has its own capture software. If you record in AVI or MPEG2 you can import that video file into powerdirector like any video on your computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2012 09:13

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2014 15:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Guys, I just bought Power Director 10 from Tiger Direct and experienced the same stupid Copy Right problem with their software. Was about to return it to the shop.

But, I found a software Golden Videos - capture VHS to DVS. It is free - and it works like a charm with the Kworld video capture device that came in the box of the Power Director.

Just download this:

http://www.nchsoftware.com/goldenvideos/kb/1112.html

Now am on my way to transferring all my old vhs to files.

btw. I work with software developers constantly and Cyber Link must fix this issue. It is a P1 Issue, no excuse, so Mr. Scooter am with you and disagree with all other interpretation and escape route for them.

Chris
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2016 21:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has this problem been fixed in PowerDirector15? - I refuse to upgrade from PowerDirector13 until they get rid of this outdated (and in my view - useless) 'feature'. I would love to be able to capture directly to PowerDirector instead of using other programs like Golden Video and a rather outdated Ulead VideoStudio to capture.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Newbie with no name,
welcome to the Forum.
This is an old thread, you may have noticed.
Although I have never run into this issue many others have. I suggest just using whatever software works best for your captures (Windows Movie Maker comes to mind) and move on. Every editor who has some experience will understand not all software does everything perfect and once in a while you need to use another software to get on with the show. There is plenty of free software to do a capture.
Last, if you do not give yourself a name the Moderator may decide to not let you play with us, we are all required to have a name. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT