Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Nope: Never Again
Thunder69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2009 22:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I will not be updating my PowerDVD9Ultra. I will never buy another Cyberlink product again as long as I live. The fact that you selected the Star Wars bluray to use as a carrot for your new software is deplorable. Other, more recent titles from the same studio work just fine with my software. Any product bearing a standard use logo should be compatible with it's counterpart that also bears that logo... for as long as that logo is what it is. I haven't upgraded my computer since buying the software, so there is no need to upgrade the software to continue to play discs stamped with the standard logo. You guys screwed up bigtime. You guys are going the way of Blockbuster and Netflix: down the drain with a turd. Screw with your customers in such a way and you will find yourself sans customers.

I will be bringing up this matter with the United States Consumer Protection Bureau.
vickigh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2011 21:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I must regrettably make the same choice. Even following the directions on how to get the latest AACS Keys

"Click Yes if the program asks to update the program. You'll then be connected to the CyberLink Web site and download the updated version of Blu-ray Disc software with the latest AACS keys."

Has not resolved the problem which has been ongoing for ~ 6-mo. As a result I have removed Cyberlink and LG from the approved vendor lists and will move on to other more reliable sources.

This is really sad cause Cyberlink did have a good program but failures of this nature make it seem that they only care about money and not even the security that AACS keys are supposed to provide.

I did read the end of life message in another forum and that is irrelevant to keeping things like the AACS keys updated.

JEFF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 03, 2011 13:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. I agree. This is a sad fact. The whole reason we buy this product is because our pc is connected to our home theater system. why should we buy a stand alone player, when we already have one in our pc. So we all went on faith that Cyberlink would continually support a product that we purchased from them. But Lo an behold they can just say, Nope never mind guys you need to buy another version just so you can keep watching your purchased bluray movies. Also if you need to reformat your drive like I had to your really out of luck because now my old titles won't even play anymore! Am I really going to purchase an "upgradse" just so a year from now they can do the same thing! HAHAHA yeah right! Stand alone bluray player here I come. ONly 99 dollars and I get free updates for LIFE of equipment. Bluray AACS keys, what a joke.
J.A.E.7asdf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2012 20:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know they don't care about us as individual customers since we already bought their product. But I work at the Best Buy where we sell their blu ray drives and other products and i'll use my real life experience to steer them away from their products.
español [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2011 16:32 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi from Spain

As others users, I can not play any movie

When you upgrade it is an infinite loop, IE as you buy a car and 2 years the manufacturer is it confiscates

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 22. 2012 19:58

james [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 14:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is absolute garbage, Cyberlink. I bought a Dell computer in 2007. It came bundled with your software. So to continue to use it, I must regularly pay to upgrade?! You have the only software on Earth where you must pay to upgrade, and you MUST upgrade out of necessity. It isn't even a choice. If you want your software to continue working, you MUST upgrade! What a joke!? Why don't you just be up front and say that your software costs $99/year. It's great to know that the Blu-ray drive and software I BOUGHT isn't just simply out of date, it's actually now turned off.
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
That's just how it works bud. Developers exist because of this and we enjoy these services.
buganddoug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2011 22:46 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I am with you all. I have had nothing but problems with Power DVD 9.6 and now I can not play Blu-Ray.
It looks like I might be going to Any-DVD. Thank you,
Daniel