Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD rip play broken after install of PDVD 11
Ken62465 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2012 23:27 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I strictly use WMC in Windows 7/64 for my HTPC. I also use "My Movies" for all metadata generation and movies have played fine from within it with the windows built in player for DVD rips to HDD. I've not done any rips of Blu-Rays yet but that's coming. Anyway after the trial evaluation, in which I failed to test playing my rips like an idiot, someone in my home wanted to watch a movie I had ripped to disk. The movie starts with no audio and stops with a message about a video problem and can not be played, wish I wrote it down but didn't because people were waiting. I had a hunch the windows stand alone PDVD 11 player would work so I closed down WMC and launched the standalone. The movie then played fine with a few exceptions. 1.) dropped frames/little choppy in appearance and annoying. 2.) audio stuck in PCM and I was informed of problems with this by someone and no matter what I tried it insisted on PCM and not bitstream.

Is there any configuaration I can set to tell PDVD 11 to just let the WMC player handle the VIDEO_VTS folder rips? or all vob files for that matter. I think the standalone player had file associations as an option to set...I'm still new to PDVD.

To be honest I trial tested both TMT 5 & PDVD 11 and found TMT to have just to many bugs and beta releases to cure all the complaints and yet the latest broke other functionality on me. Wish I had spent more time testing PDVD because if there is no cure for playing movie rips then this is not going to be good. I purchased the Ultra because I was told it plays rips...maybe so but not inside WMC. Now people in the other room watching the movie just called me in because of a problem. When I rip movies to disk I use AnyDVD & 1ClickDVDCopy and I make a movie only copy...no menu, extras, etc. I hate all that junk and is one of my reasons for the rips...just to play the movie. The standalone player stops after each .vob file and they must click on the next to start it again. Because of the presence of the .ifo they use get get pieced together and play consecutive just fine. I can burn a DVD of the rip and all files are pieced together fine for a movie only full copy.

Here's my HTPC setup, and it's a bran new build in case this info was wanted.
- HTPC CASE NMEDIAPC|HTPC 5000B
- MB GIGABYTE|GA-A75M-UD2H HD3
- APU AMD | A8-3870K 3.0G 4M FM1
- MEM 2Gx2|CORSAIR CMX4GX3M2A1600C8
- SSD 64G|CRUCIAL CT064M4SSD2
- HDD 2T|WD WD20EARX
- TV CARD CETON | INFINITV 4
- PSU OCZ|OCZ500MXSP 500W
- BLU-RAY BURNER LG| WH12LS38
- Windows 7/64 primarily for WMC
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Check the following information http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

Hope this information helps you.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check the welcome thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

and please make sure to have installed all the latest updates for PowerDVD and your drivers.

One Qeustion: hwo do you playback those rips? Do you use the "open file structure" feature in the DVD/BD module?

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan