Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to modify image overlay without aspect ratio constraints?????
DocDaddy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 06, 2012 13:59 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I have an overlay I want to use on my videos. It is simply a jpg image file. However, since the movie is set to 16:9 dimensions, I cannot drag the corners, etc. of this image to make it the size I want within the video, which changes per video. So, to clarify, I may want to stretch it and make it less tall and wider, but I can't do that as the program keeps it at 16:9.

I tried ctr-dragging, shift-dragging, etc.

Help!!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have an overlay I want to use on my videos. It is simply a jpg image file. However, since the movie is set to 16:9 dimensions, I cannot drag the corners, etc. of this image to make it the size I want within the video, which changes per video. So, to clarify, I may want to stretch it and make it less tall and wider, but I can't do that as the program keeps it at 16:9.

I tried ctr-dragging, shift-dragging, etc.

Help!!

Select the clip, click Modify. That brings up the PIP designer, there is a Check mark for Maintain Aspect Ratio, If you want to stretch the clip out of aspect, just uncheck. Then stretch away.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DocDaddy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 06, 2012 13:59 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
That is EXACTLY what I needed to do! Thanks, I KNEW there must be a way to do this, but my searching in the help file didn't unearth this. Thanks very, very much!