Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PAL $ NTSC on one project
RomekJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2011 18:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
New at this forum.
Can someone tell me if I can work with NTSC and PAL clips on the same project? PD10 can convert my PAL HD clips to NTSC HD (right?) but how about the final output (quality) of those clips. Any comments and suggestions are very welcomed.
Happy New Year!

Roman
[Post New]
There was a link here just about minute ago about the subject. I recall it saying that u should finish your project in NTSC and once u finish it, u will transfer and SAVE it PAl..this way you will get way better quality contrary to changing files to Pal on the run...
[Post New]
Or vice versa..PAl to NTSC... It is your choice. Funny enough my files show NTSC from external but as u download the files to your C: it shows no concern, they are" PA"L files . Anyhay, dont matter as long as u keep the final production as it IS (PAL or NTSC) and save it in either PAL or NTSC.... Noticed myself that NTSC upgraded my 3d prog end result.
[Post New]
cause I got the original files in NTSC
PatC [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Suffolk UK Joined: Nov 17, 2009 14:00 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roman

PD10 will work with both file types but edits in either 25 frames/sec or 30 frames/sec according
to setup choice in preferences.

You do not say if you want your final results in NTSC or PAL.

In the UK, NTSC files seem to play fine on PAL TVs, but I am not sure if the reverse applies
in NTSC areas.

If you are working with different frame rates in one project the program will make some
changes that might cause visible judder in the clips that are not the same as the timeline
selection frame rate.
The results do tend to be related to the content of the original clips, especially clips that
contain fast action or panning can cause judder or non-smooth movement in final video.

Make a few short test 2 or 3 minute projects and see if the results are acceptable.
Don't burn to disk, just produce and then go back to edit page and your result will be in your
library window ready to test in the preview window.

See how it goes, and Happy new year.

Patrick

RomekJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2011 18:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I think I answered but my reply is not here.
So one more time thank you Patrick and Kikkeri.
I agree - I will try 3 min project to see how it works.

Thank you again

Roman