Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding Background Music to Menu
Fischer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2006 00:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have just plowed through all of the error messages saving and resaving and have acheived...finally...a video file that I think I will be able to burn. I'm setting up a menu and have tried this in both Pdirector and Pproducer. Both produce the same result. I have imported a song that is 2:49 min to be the background to the menu. I click on the green check mark and the music is reduced to 10 seconds. No matter what I do. I can only get either program to produce 10 seconds of the song. I have tried other songs and even the magic music that comes with the software and 10 seconds is the limit....does anybody have a clue how to fix that..just sliding the bar and checking the green x doesn't do it...it slides back to 10 seconds all on it's own....possessed!..after 4 weeks I'll be able to burn one here if I can sort through this last mystery. Thanks
Ivan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2006 04:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
You can set the duration manually.
Click the Preference button at the left-bottom of Create Disc page.
Then set the duration you want.
Just remind, the DVD menu is also a clip.
That means the longer duration for DVD menu, the less duration for your title.
Goonie328 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:25 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same issue with PowerProducer 4.0 that Fischer was having. I had my background music set to 45 seconds, but no matter what I did, it would reset it down to 9 seconds every time I clicked the green check mark. I submitted a support ticket, but I am waiting to hear back.

Either way, it magically fixed itself. The preview now plays the full 45 seconds. I don't know what happened or why it magically started working.

Unfortunately, I am having a much worse issue now, which I am getting ready to post. I hope someone can help me. Getting really disenchanted with this software.
Bora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 20:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have this same problem about a month ago. I also posted it in this forum. But, that's right, magically, it just fixed itself. I don't know how that happened...
Ann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2007 20:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was having the same problem and 'accidentally' fixed the problem. When I changed the menu style my background music magically changed. Sometimes it was 10 secs, the next style 7 sec, and the next the entire length of the song (over 2 1/2 mins) I also noticed that changing the menu buttons also alters the timing of the background music.
I hope this helps someone - it took me forever to find this glitch.....I'm using PowerDirector 6....
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2007 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD6 and the "Bonus" menu templates.

I had this problem too. It was/ is very frustrating. I have linked the problem to the animated backgrounds in menu templates. I played around with different menu templates and the same audio track, and noticed audio would repeat every time the background animation would loop. Most of the still menus don't have this problem. I guess the menu template programmers got a little sloppy. They look nice, but can't be used with audio very well. Too bad.

Hope Cyberlinks looks at these forums to see the bugs all of us have uncovered.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,
Firstly, preset “motion” menu templates, the menu duration is defined to be the background video’s duration. This is fixed and won’t be affected by background music.

Secondly, for “and noticed audio would repeat every time the background animation would loop”, since audio and video in DVD menu will be combined in a video clip, If user use motion menu background, background video (include audio and video) will auto repeat.
User didn’t check “audio repeat” in BGM setting page. But, it looks like audio is repeated.

This is why you've stated “and noticed audio would repeat every time the background animation would loop”

If use check “audio repeat” in BGM setting page. The behavior will like this: image 2

I just repeated Michael's issue to CyberLink and then received the answer. Hope it helps you Michael.

Dafydd
 Filename
image002.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
 Filename
image001.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2007 12:20 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick reply.

But I am having trouble understanding just what needs to be done in order to prevent the audio track from looping with the video background. Could you please clearify what steps I use to get to the settings that need changing.

In the Create Disc Mode I've tried - Edit -Preferences...-Editing- Durations. Then in Create Disc Mode I tried -Add background music -and the trim audio always reverts back to between 6-10 secconds after adjusting. So far no luck.

Thanks again,
Michael