Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Something Important To Note Before Buying/Upgrading
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 00:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
http://sanjose.bbb.org/BusinessReviewMobile.aspx?CompanyID=1000006074

Enough Said.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Too much said.

Since there is no count of customers, it's very hard to interpret the handful of complaints.

Jerry Schwartz
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I see there were 6 complaints in the last 3 years. The reason I see was there was no responce from Cyberlink in San Jose, Ca. to the BBB letter.
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
[Post New]
MotoRider420;
I tried looking you up there, but no listing....LOL

We all know that Cyberlink tech support is a difficulty for this product (listen up CL), but THAT is precisely why the forum is such an invaluable resource. Over the years, this forum has taken me from a PD version 3 HATER, to a PD10 lover!!! There is vast knowledge to be had from the folks here (present company excepted).

Having a sense of fair-play, I will hope to balance your comment (and provide good feedback for new users) with:
http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 18:47

KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
Member Location: Kentucky USA Joined: Oct 27, 2010 09:39 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: http://sanjose.bbb.org/BusinessReviewMobile.aspx?CompanyID=1000006074

Enough Said.

You do know that the BBB was sited, nationwide, last year for selling ratings. Seems that only "A" ratings for reserved for paying customers, meaning "accredited". I actually had them to call my business and offer to "sell" me a rating. Then they denied it after the federal claim. Said it was a rouge employee.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
The only bad thing about a review is.... most of them are not accurate or even true. Even from the so called "reliable" magazines, companies, ect... The best article I ever read about software reviews was in PC Magazine about 8 years ago. They said that most independent reviewers are doing it solely to get free software and most of the time their review is taken from the box the software comes in because they will not give a bad review to a company that is giving them "stuff". Not to mention giving them money to review their product.

They even said that they had some former editors that had given reviews after just installing and seeing if the software even ran. Some without even opening the package the software came in. That from personal experience I know is true.

You can NEVER truly believe a software companies own review or comparison to other similar software. And I don't. I use forums like this to give me an idea, and then with a grain of salt because you NEVER see the multitude of HAPPY customers in forums. Only the ones with issues, and in reality that number is usually a very low percentage way below one percent of actual sales.

Not being accredited with a BBB also does not mean a whole lot. Here in Nevada BBB's have ZERO power and really does not mean much what they say is and is not a good business.... besides that BBB has not said anything that is not already known in ALL PD forums since PD1. Any search in any forum will show that their customer support is absolutely the worst on the planet...... you would think that would slow sales down, but apparently it don't..... not even a tiny bit....

Trust me, I am not defending CL's lousy customer support.... I really think if there was a top 10 worlds worst software customer support, they would be in all 10 slots. But a BBB in California (or anywhere else) does not have any clout to an Asian corporation. I submitted a question 3 weeks ago, and after 2 emails it was obvious they never read the message. It had nothing to do with the software. They wanted my Dxdiag on a forum design question. So I replied to it and called them the dummies that they are (plus a lot more stuff) and it don't matter....

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 20. 2011 00:53

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
JustinBuser6578856878856 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2012 10:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: http://sanjose.bbb.org/BusinessReviewMobile.aspx?CompanyID=1000006074

Enough Said.

How about the fact that their "MVC Encoding" is a scam? They essentially encode two separate High@4.0 streams into one file and alter the headers so that one of them says Stereo High, PD10 doesn't do anything you couldn't do for free with notepad and Avisynth.
attaboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2012 10:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I see there were 6 complaints in the last 3 years. The reason I see was there was no responce from Cyberlink in San Jose, Ca. to the BBB letter.

Au Contrare`,

8 complaints, since 8/15/2011. Problem is, could have been competitive shills posting .. nobody knows. Of course, we all know that 76% of all statistics are made up .. just look at our Politicos .. they have it down to a non-science. Maybe you have to Join (and Pay) BBB to make a response .. I don't know. Cyberlink apparently declined to respond to two inquires, but their headquarters is in Taipei. San Jose is just a sales presence it appears.

I swear by Asus (Taiwan) and have for years .. even they get some complaints. I won't be dissuaded from purchasing PD10 because of the original post. You pays yo nickle, and takes yo chances. The marketplace dictates the success and longevity of any product these days, as we have so many ways to collaborate .. like organizing a piss-off at a brewery .. and we can do that a lot better than Washington.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
mmmm.
Beer. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
attaboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2012 10:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
mmm ... Beer is Right ..

I ordered PD10 Ultra this am .. Newegg has for 10 bucks off .. used my $20 GC .. such a deal .. I'll Be Back :