Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading an Upgrade?
Q_Division [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2009 08:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm looking to upgrade PowerDVD 9 to 11. Now I seem to recall that when I installed 9, it needed 7 (which it was upgraded from), however is this going to apply to 11 too? I don't really want to have to install 7 first then upgrade to 9 then to upgrade to 11 as it seems excessive. Does anyone know of a simpler alternative (and I fail to seeing buying the full version as a simple alternative).

Thanks.
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
it has been our BIG problem and has been requesting cyberlink to come up with a solution to this.

maybe cyberlink can give us all a base installer once we have upgraded. like for example, if we have upgraded from 9, they can give us the full installer of 11 (if we upgrade to 11) and so on and so forth. that way, we don't have to install everything from the first full product purchase and then upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, and the endless upgrade.

in the end, this method (of upgrading an upgrade and then upgrading again) is penalizing those who have been supportive of their products.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
My impression is that as long as you have 9 currently installed, it should upgrade to 11. I could be wrong , but you will definetly need 9 installed.
jackjps1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 13:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a new computer. I have 9 upgrade, and during installation it asks me if I would like to upgrade to 11. So I did and paid my money. During install of 11 it said I needed 9, so I installed 9, but it would not install because it was an upgrade. I needed 7, well that was years ago and I do not have my 7, and besides that was an upgrade. I put in an email to support...NO REPLY! Want to call? You have to pay more money. This is ridiculus. NO MORE!! I shall go to NERO. This company won't be around much longer if this is the way they treat a valuable customer. Frustrated and No More
Q_Division [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2009 08:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the replys.

A 'Base/Full' installer would be a perfect solution.

@DYONISII
Yep, I'm with you, it does seem to penalize those who have been supportive of their products.

@TheDudeiswatching
The point is should I ever need to re-install, I have to find a way to install 7 first, then 9, then 11 (and in future say 12 or 13).
kingrob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2011 15:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also off to Nero.

CyberLink SUCKS.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I am going through the regiment right now, it's very annoying. It would be much simpler for everyone that ounce you have a product key that it should simply work for that given product. Why should an upgrade product be any different then a full version product key ? It implies that an upgrade version is not a full working version of DVD11 Ultra rather then a full version product key. Is this true ???
The other problem that I am dealing with right now is I am waiting for over an hour to download a patch coming in at the blistering pace of 52 KB a second and then after that there will be another patch at an even slower pace.

The band width of this site is terrible, it's not my provider or computer, big files download everywhere else with in a couple of minutes except here.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
It has now slowed to 10 KB a second !