Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Serious 3D Issue! - Can't Import Seperate Left/Right Video Files!
[Post New]
MotoRider420;
Quote: how stupid do you think I am?

On a scale of 1-10, based on your attitude taken with those who contribute their time to help here, an 11.

Quote: are u ------ kidding me? a dxdiag for a missing feature? i don't think directx has anything to do with not having a 3D import option for seperate files.

For those who have suffered through your "spewings" to read this thread, the DXDIAG file helps editors/engineers determine the platform that PD10 is running on...your platform... This gives us the ability to eliminate issues and make sure that the problem is not a combination of hardware, video file and PD10 failure/glitches.

I didn't ask to date your sister..just to look at your hardware platform...take a cleansing breath, will you??

Quote: I have, after much more research on non-cyberlink sites, found that I will have to return the software.

O, what a nice Christmas gift for the visitors in this forum THAT would be!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 13:00

MotoRider420 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 00:12 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
OK, heres my process and issues...
 Filename
Left And Right File.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1452 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
377 time(s)
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: MotoRider420;
Quote: how stupid do you think I am?

On a scale of 1-10, based on your attitude taken with those who contribute their time to help here, 11

Quote: are u ------ kidding me? a dxdiag for a missing feature? i don't think directx has anything to do with not having a 3D import option for seperate files.

For those who have suffered through your "spewings" to read this thread, the DXDIAG file helps editors/engineers determine the platform that PD10 is running on...your platform... This gives us the ability to eliminate issues and make sure that the problem is not a combination of hardware, video file and PD10 failure/glitches.

I didn't ask to date your sister..just to look at your hardware platform...take a cleansing breath, will you??

Quote: I have, after much more research on non-cyberlink sites, found that I will have to return the software.

O, what a nice Christmas gift for the visitors in this forum THAT would be!!

You must be friends with that ass who keeps telling people he wants to look at their "cray". Stop trolling. You want my dxdiag? here ya go! the only thing it'll tell you is that you are out of your mind.

Hmmm... whats that? no errors, OMFG, its almost like I know how to use my computer o.O
or all my drivers are up to date, oh no, thats not good, no no no, its always a driver out of date.
wait, wait... u mean, that a missing driver or error in directx can't be the cause of the entire feature in the program to be missing? wow... who knew that? well, i did, and so does every one of the computer engineers I go to school with. OMFG, its blashphemy!

Filename
DxDiag - 32bit.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
402 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag - 64bit.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
281 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 11:33

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Uh-oh, now you've done it...I suspect you'll no longer be welcome here. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: You must be friends with that ass who keeps telling people he wants to look at their "cray". Stop trolling.

Look at your "cray"(your term, NOT mine)?...heck yes, show me your Cray, you are already showing your "...little *itchy kid face" (In reference to the first line of your attached PDF, profanity occluded).

My trolling is only a sad side-effect of me trying to look to see if I can help. If you spent half as much time contributing here (with your obviously extensive knowledge), instead of condescending, PD10 would be a much better product.

Usually, I only troll when nasty people try to cross my bridge...FOUND ONE!!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 12:59

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]

Before this thread goes away, either locked up or most likely removed,
I want to express resentment to the language used, to the attitudes,to the screaming, to the ironies
spat out, the slander here on the forum.
No, it's not only the visitors and newbies, I'm afraid.
This place will not be a good place to visit if this goes on.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
[Post New]
1Nina;
As usual, you are correct. I apologize. By way of explanation (not an excuse for my actions), I find offense when people come in and create nasty posts that don't contribute to the collective knowledge on the product.

If it goes on for some time, I "troll" (to use MotoRider420's characterization) to try and highlight their nastiness. As a result, I get some of it rubbed off on me.

For the sake of calmness and in deference to you, I will take a cleansing breath of my own, and try to get back in the right mindset. Thank you for your voice of rationality.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 13:45

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Look around, if it's the same Mr Moto, he is not so well-liked in other forums, either, so I guess it must be us! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Once again, you trolls are contradicting yourselves. You are completly diverting away from the issue, that this software is missing key features that were advertised.

Its simple, there is no current solution, as, by request, I have proved through (useless) dxdiag files, and a pdf file showing exactly what is wrong.

I am not the one causing the issues. I made a post, that a feature was fasely advertised and was missing, and aside from the help of the guy wearing a headset in his pic, everyone else is being an ass and saying I am stupid and that my computer is shit.

And to my other posts, except for telling off that troll who keeps telling people their computers are shit, I have simply stated obvious facts.

You people can't even see past your own systems out into the world.

YES, this program has serious flaws. But at the same time, yes, its an ok program for simple and non-professional editing. That is not what they advertised.

So, either get back on topic about the 3D issue, or shut the fuck up, and go troll somewhere else.
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Look around, if it's the same Mr Moto, he is not so well-liked in other forums, either, so I guess it must be us!

my name has been stolen by a lot of people, i can't imagine why such a simple name could be already taken? Hmmm... motorcycles... riding them... 420 (rebellion against government oppression (but some ppl just do drugs, which is sad))

anyway, get back on the 3D topic, or stop diverting the thread.

if you have a solution, then post it, like headset guy did... otherwise, say "idk, I guess they did leave out that feature" and move on.

and as I posted with the PDF, i have found no solution, only an ever-increasing reduction in quality when trying to work with true native 3D video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 12:32

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I do not think you are stupid, nor have I noticed that anyone else thinks that.
And you have a very nice computer, it's your language and abusive attitude.
I figured there might be other Motos, so the disclaimer.
Your beef really is with Cyberlink's business/sales department, you won't be the first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 12:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I do not think you are stupid, nor have I noticed that anyone else thinks that.
And you have a very nice computer, it's your language and abusive attitude.
Please, return the software, I'm begging you. PLEEEEZ.

I can't, because:
1. they have no phone number (seriously, $30 to call them???), and their corporate number hung up on me when I pressed 0 to get to an operator
2. the support ticket i filed days and days and days ago has not been answered

and I didn't start the bad language, as I said, that troll who keeps using his country's weird slang started it. i'm pretty sure he said something about wanting to look at my ass, or w/e, i dont remember.
MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alright everyone, I'll make it simple.

The software is missing Left/Right seperate image file (native) 3D support.

I am currently halfway through an FTC complaint about the false advertising based on missing 3D titles, the "end-to-end" lie about 3D editing, and the fact that they have no customer support (yes I tried the support ticket, and I got a copy/paste answer, multiple times now)

So, guy with headset, let people read this and be enlightened about these failings for a couple days, then do what you wanted and delete this, delete me, whatever. if people can't handle it, then let them continue to be lemmings (or sheeple) or whatever.

I'll get my refund, even if I have to take them to small claims court. They will not get away with cheating me. You all shouldnt let them either.

THERE IS NO NATIVE 3D SUPPORT. NONE.
[Post New]
MotoRider420;

Quote: The 3D HERO System captures 3D by filming two separate 2D videos from slightly different perspectives — similarly to how our two human eyes see the world from two slightly different perspectives. Then GoPro Cineform Studio software is used to combine and convert these two slightly offset videos into a single 3D video.....Before viewing GoPro 3D media, you will need to use GoPro CineForm Studio in order to create a 3D file from the files you recorded using the 3D HERO System

The GoPro camera does not create native 3d files!! This statement from the camera manufacturer would seem to indicate the best approach would be to use the provided GoPro software to create the appropriate 3D file. Dafydd, did present a method to try to manually offset the separate 2D clips in PD10, but your response to him seemed to indicate that this was not a satisfactory solution for your needs.

Quote: EXPORT
Exporting & Publishing
Export to Edit in Other Software (Coming Soon)

Sounds, to me, like GoPro is still in progress on this, but they do suggest that the processed 3d files can be used as MOV or AVI files for PD10, and other editors. Have you tried importing and editing the finished footage (AVI or MOV) into PD10? This file would be the "native 3D support" that Powerdirector expects, I imagine:
http://gopro.com/3d-faq/#q27

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 13:39

MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes sir I have. the avi multiplex file gopro renders is not compatible. the only other option is half-width, which is 50% quality.

GoPro only suggests that software because it is a trial version of the $999 software they want you to buy. lol. like thats gonna happen.

thanks for the suggestions.

edit: native 3d is a seperate left and right file, which is exactly what it does. just ask Avatar.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 13:39

[Post New]
The need to process using the GoPro Cineform Studio software did not sound like an option. It sounded like a necessary step in creating the 3D file.

I suggest that it might help the Senior Editors (who may or may not have GoPro 3D cameras) troubleshoot, if you post a short "avi multiplex file". Do a short (5-10 second ONLY), clip, make the avi multiplex file, and attach it here.

Then others can import into PD10 and see the problem.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 13:52

MotoRider420 [Avatar]
[Post New]
the 10-sec file was 100MB...
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
MotoRider420
I have viewed your PDF.
1. You are processing the video incorrectly.
2. You created the 3D "looking" file with either half or full Side by Side and then
3. Create a FULL SIDE BY SIDE 2D file with the video displaying.
4. YOU have FAILED to follow the image instructions given to you in an earlier post.
5. You have just whacked in your video and half frame it - and then complained.
6. Is it any wonder your video doesn't output correctly if you cant follow a simple set of pictures or comprehend the actions you are carrying out!
7. I see you're set to complain to the FTC (whoever they are) - they may be amused by your input.

As for your inability to correct your bad language, quite frankly I am disgusted with your remarks here.

PDF: "not some little bitchy kid" - You think not. You're here dealing with MEN and one LADY, old enough to be your parents.

I have decided to lock this thread.

Dafydd
Forum Moderator.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 15:24