Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I GOT MY YOU CAM 3.5 BUNDLED WITH NEW HP PAVILLION COMPUTER
[Post New]
Hello everyone ,

I am new to the forum but I am having a problem with my YouCam 3.5 that came with the HP Pavillion new computer. What I nwws ro know is 1) why is is not the FULL version? 2) can I safely uninstall it and put it the updated version anI 3) I am missing a link in my YOU CAM which is why I want to re-install it. Any suggestions??

I would appreciate any feedback. I have already sent this to customer care. Thanks, HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

as your Version is OEM Version it is limited and customized.

You should not uninstall it until you can make sure to have instalation files or Recovery files/image. Upgrades need the previous Version insalled.

You need to contact HP customer support about the installation files for the OEM Version because they are responsible for the pre-load of your PC/Notebook

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
warriorfullight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2011 06:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
That is what I did. I bought an HP Pavilion DV series laptop and it comes with CyberLink player. I just uninstalled in from my laptop and installed a fresh licensed version. It works well.
anarchy1978 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 22, 2011 18:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i am still learing how to use my youcam