Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
does auto powerDVD shutdown exist?
Doug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2007 12:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I want powerDVD to shutdown after the movie is over.

is this possible?
christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2007 05:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I HAVE ALWAYS USED POWER DVD FROM THE FIRST ISSUE AND I DONT THINK IT DOES POWER OFF ONCE THE MOVIE IS OVER EJECT DISK AND CLOSE YOUR SOFTWARE
Doug [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks but my disks are ripped, my HTPC is in an AV closet in another room.

I need full software control to start and stop powerDVD. This is a full house audio/video solution.
christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2007 05:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
u could always get intouch with cyberlink them selfs
Corey [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 09, 2007 15:50 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
You could always try Macro scripting..... a simple google search will reveal several sources with a variety of solutions.

To kick off these macros via remote you can use IR or other type of systems control via dinky link as the equipment sounds like is minus line of sight.

Simplified you can try to run a scheduled task that kills the PowereDVD.exe application at some scheduled interval, but this is now time based and not really automated shutdown.

It would be nice to have a Cyberlink SDK for system integrators to develop customized control solutions.

Good luck, and hope it works out!

Cheers!
Corey

Doug [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks,

I have been looking for external programs that will shutdown powerDVD.

not having a SDK for powerDVD is a big mistake in my books. Once TheaterTek and/or Zoomplayer are able to play HD movies then I will go back to them.