Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
simple question about inserting, removing items in the timeline and that affect on other tracks
[Post New]
I have been playing around with pd10 full ultra retail and so far it has been very stable and fun to work with. I used pd8 on numerous projects. I did not use pd9 at all. My question is, that with pd8 when I insert or delete an item in the timeline, the pip, title and audio tracks to the right of that point would shift to compensate for the added or deleted space so that all the items in lower tracks still line up with the items in the main track. But with pd10 if I insert an item into the main track, the pip and title tracks to the right of that point don't shift or compensate and I have to manually move them to keep things lined up.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
These matters are mentioned many times in the PD9 forum.

1. Amend: Preferences > Editing > Check, Link all tracks.......
2. For removing an unwanted clip. Use Shift+Delete on your keyboard or Right Click > Remove and leave gap. This will ensure no movement on the track which you can not control when deleting items.
You will then need to assess what option you need to take to close the gap created.

Consideration has to be given to alignment and placement of media on other tracks. PD9/10 are a different ball game to PD8. A learning curve

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 12. 2011 04:17

[Post New]
Thank You, Thank You and Thank You. I had skipped pd9 and thus didn't visit the forums. This helps me out big time! Land of fieros, North Dakota USA