Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
has rendering a hd to dvd been fixed yet?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff -

The a had me guessing too... & I haven't been able to determine what it is. But they're out there!

http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=powerdirector+10.0.0.1012a&pbx=1&oq=powerdirector+10.0.0.1012a&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l0l155957l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=e4bdaea3f70b4ef3&biw=1728&bih=858

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
CL did that at version 9 too. They came out with an "a" version for isales way before any patch for current paid customer base. I don't care what this 1012a fixed or didn't fix, just very poor practice in my opinion and really shows the commitment to existing paid customers. Probably like before (2330a), just a little patch to address “Powerdirector has stopped working” for Nvidia customers, maybe a few of us who could have benefited during PD9.

Jeff
bradwehrli@gmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Location: little rock Joined: Oct 20, 2011 15:12 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
So does this mean I have a shotty software? if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Brad -

I don't think so. Jeff's comment was more about marketing policy, rather than about your version of PD.

I'm sure the issue you're experiencing can be resolved. It might take a bit more tracking down.

Could you please, try the suggestion I made above?
1. Go to Create Disc > Burn
- Check "Create a Folder" & uncheck "Burn to disc"

2. Use Imgburn - http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download - to access your created folder to burn the disc.

Once you've tested different things, we may be able to isolate the problem.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I read somewhere about something in the trial version causing confusion and they were going to fix it. Maybe this is what the a is about. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It is a fix for the upgrade purchasers.
Users purchase PDR10 upgrade build recently would see the build number is 1012a.

I am seeking clarification.

Update.
I'm told the changes in 1012a are minor and don't require a patch change from 1012. Please watch out for an update patch, coming soon which we'll all need.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2011 06:12

[Post New]
Tony, I tried burning with imageburn. It didn't help.

Anything else you can think of?

I can't believe I am the only one with this problem. if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
[Post New]
Good news! I have found a work around to my problem...I produce the movie in mp4 and it fits on a dvd (regular), and it looks great!

I just wish I didn't have to do that to create a usable dvd for the non-avchd capable owning people of dvd players.

Just wanted to share with you all. if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.