Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 10 no longer works
keln78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 18:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Apparently, I am another victim of these updates that kill powerdvd10. I tried to watch a bluray on it that I had watched before...now it won't work. Gives me that error about some missing component. I click yes, then I try to restart the blu ray. Nothing happens. I've tried updating to the latest version. This changes nothing.

And honestly, is there a way to find out which type of PowerDVD yo have? I don't flippin remember what I bought. I don't know if I have standard or ultra mark III 3d with sniff-o-vision or whatever.

I've never had so many problems with a piece of software in my life. I think all I need to do now is figure out what is a good DVD/Blu-ray player NOT from CyberLink.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please post some more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

we would like to learn more about your issue - unfortunately we can not reproduce it in our labs.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DJ_Myst_007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2011 09:21 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Since the people here and who work for Cyberlink are useless...

When you open the program (Cyberlink DVD) look to the top left corner.... you will see "Cyberlink PowerDVD"

If you click on this the hidden "about" information appears and gives you all the information you need.

I found this out by accident after arguing with the Customer Service email responder kept telling me to click on the about in the upper right corner...

Now I do not have version 7,8,9 or 11 so maybe it is on there in the right corner and it says "about".

But in my Cyberlink PowerDVD I had to click on the name Cyberlink PowerDVD in the top left corner after I opened it.

Also, if you press Ctrl+A keys, it will open the about box while in PowerDVD 10.

Attached is photo for reference!
[Thumb - PowerDVD.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDVD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
341 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2011 22:46