Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cinema Mode - Windows 7 Aero Conflict Report.
RogueAce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2011 21:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure if this is known or not, I do not see it listed in the known problems list. Attempting to play blu-rays in cinema mode, PowerDVD 11 would freeze early on, usually with a blank screen. In most cases, no event reports were formed, the program had to be ended, and the system had to be restarted before it could run a disc again (reporting that the video card was not appropriate on subsequent attempts without a restart). In one case, the program itself totally crashed and the system reported a serious error in one of the video driver processes.

I noticed something strange and believe I have discovered a user-fix for this although the problem may still be worth investigating from the company side. I had already found that the same blu-rays would play perfectly with the program in normal (not cinema) mode. However, I happened to also notice that cinema mode was forcing Aero effects to turn off while the normal mode was not. On a whim, I decided to change my display profile to a non-Aero theme and tested cinema mode that way. So far one blu-ray was able to play for probably 20 minutes and I'm testing one now that I know crashed before and it has been playing successfully for about 5 minutes now. The crash usually happened very early.

So to sum it up, it appears there is a conflict (at least on my system) related to PowerDVD 11 cinema mode attempting to disable Aero effects. This conflict apparently has the ability to crash the intel integrated video driver process in addition to the program itself.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please post all info we ask in this thread:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

Please also post the Error logs
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page#91780

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RogueAce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2011 21:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
The system information and dxdiag can be found here.

PowerDVD 11 was just installed and updated to its most current version. Tech support should already be aware of all that information and I have also informed them of the problem. I just wanted to alert the company to this error as I suspect it isn't known. I primarily plan to run the program in normal mode and the work around for cinema mode is pretty easy, so I'm not really in need of direct support at this time, but if a fix comes around or if someone knows one that'd be great. Otherwise, my only goal here was to alert you to this problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 20. 2011 11:32