Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD's won't play in any DVD player
Penny [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2007 18:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. I am new here. Recently purchased a new Vista computer and then found that my old video programs wouldn't work with Vista. So I purchased PowerDirector 6, full boxed version. 1st I tried the trial for a day and liked it. While using the trial I got one short sample video onto a disk which played, but only after also downloading from the web a divx codec. Before installing the boxed version, I uninstalled the trial version , so as to not create any conflict.

Now that I have made one I want to put onto disks, every time I go through the process of creating, producing, and burning, then put into the DVD player and all I get on the TV is "This disk cannot be played". I have tried a variety of setting options on produce and burn but get the same result every time.

This is very frustrating as it takes an hour every time and I still have nothing. Can anyone tell me what settings I should be using? The project only has a 25 minute clip on it with a beginning and ending title and a fade transition at each end.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Penny,

I assume that you can play your DVD on your computer

How old is your DVD player, when "This cannot be played" appears usually indicates that your DVD player cannot read the format of the disk.

I have a similar situation, where my DVD's play on one machine, but not on the other machine.

Check your DVD player manual, for the formats that can be played, you may find that you need to upgrade your unit.

Regards

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
Another possible thought:

If your DVD player played home made discs from your old computer, perhaps the problem is the burning speed. Newer systems can burn at a higher speed which may cause errors on an older player.

Try burning at a slower speed and see if that helps.

Regards

Andrew