Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WaveEditor
midd666 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2010 00:15 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
G'day

I am using W7 64 bit
My SR number is VDE110929-04
Anti-Virus is Avira

My WaveEditor does not work in PD10 - I think it started messing up in PD9.
It tells me to reinstall it. However, if I try and un-install it it come sup with an error ""product definatation file lost".
I have un-installed all cyberlink products but I can not remove WaveEditor or PhotoNow without the above error coming up. PD 9 and 10 worked fine apart from the occasional freeze and crash.

I have turned off and on Windows media player and rebooted etc.
I have used the cleaners for all the cyberlink programs though they do not remove WaveEditor or PhotoNow from the program list.

Can you help - I really want WaveEditor to work!

Filename
Darren Diag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
526 time(s)
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure you've done this, but I need to make sure: did you try re-installing PD10? Jerry Schwartz
midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply,

Yes I have reinstalled several times. The problem seems to be that when un-install it wave Editor and PhtoNow it comes up with an error "product definatation file lost". So when reinstalling PD10 WaveEditor does not install correctly.
andrew3202 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: indiana Joined: Sep 29, 2011 22:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'll attest to it really working. It's really nice to disconnect audio from the video, click on the audio and edit in Wav Editor, fade the intro and exit audio, click exit and it applies the edits to the audio on the clip.

I would consider getting getting http://www.revouninstaller.com/download/revouninstaller.zip the uninstaller and let it remove the program, and retry.

their might be some legacy crap being left in the registry......

midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
G'day,

The cleaner worked well. It removed all programs.
However, when reinstalling PD 10 - when it got to Wave Editor came up with the following error:
"Error 1334. the file '940BCE8...C9' cannot be installed. Cannot be found in cabinet file data 1.cab."

After that another error follows:

Error 1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult windows Installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more info.

Any suggestions?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Compressed cab files can become corrupted and you may need to download PD10 again.

Please clear out your Temp director (should have been done by the cleaner tool) and ensure nothing remains within it.

Just a suggestion.
I use WinRAR to unpack the PowerDirector executable into a folder and bypass using the Temp directory. I would then select Setup.exe in the PD program and install PD10.
You may want to try that method and check at the same time whether the cab file unpacks correctly.

Dafydd
midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Deleted, cleaned and re-cleaned in preparation.
Re-downloaded PD10 (painfully slow).
Did all the steps as suggested, install is fine but when it comes to WVeditor is come sup with the same "Error 1334. the file '940BCE8...C9' cannot be installed. Cannot be found in cabinet file data1.cab."

After that another error follows:
Error 1603 Fatal error during installation

Having used WinRAR to unpack it I even tried retrying the WVEditor setup.exe (as admin) but each time says there is a missing file from the Data1.cab! Is it possible to just get that file? Thanks for all your help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2011 18:59

midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just a follow up.

I have used WinRAR to extract the 380 files from Data1.cab the misisng file that produces the 1334 error is said to be "_940BCE8572AB220CA3CCB4893FBBD3C9"
I have manually checked that the file is missing.

Does anyone have that file?
Or how many files do you have in the Data1.cab?
Thanks again.

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
By the way, Power2Go 8 comes with WaveEditor 2. I didn't think to check until it was too late, but I believe PD10 comes with WaveEditor 1.

PD 10 had no problem finding WaveEditor 2.

If Power2Go 8 is on your shopping list, this would be a good time to get it. It should solve your WaveEditor installation problem. Jerry Schwartz
midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok thanks Jerry, I will dowmload it and see what's up. I really like Wave Editor! Thanks again for your help.
midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aaaarrrgghhh!

Same issue when it comes to installing Wave Editor!
Comes up Error 2711. The specified feature name "'Main) not found in Feature table.
Followed by Error 1603 Fatal error during installation

midd666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just wanted to say the solution to the problem has been found! I downloaded the Microsoft utility cleaner for win 7.
BINGO!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/does-windows-installer-cleanup-utility-work-in/164444db-1254-4181-b585-389918e7a286

Thank you to all who assisted, much appreciated.