Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how is this better than canon's digital photo professional software?
bradwehrli@gmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Location: little rock Joined: Oct 20, 2011 15:12 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I am just curious as to why anyone would need to buy this software when you already have canon's digital photo professional? if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
[Post New]
Hello Brad,

My current camera is a Canon too, & I've used Digital Photo Professional. I've not had a chance to use the latest version (3.11.1), which corrected a few errors.

As this is a CyberLink sponsored forum, it's not appropriate to run software comparisons, even though that's what consumers do in making choices.

You're right, of course. There are some similarities with DPP & PhD, just as there are with other photo workflow software. It's just a matter of choice/balance between available features & GUI.

I prefer the GUI of PhD, & the fact that it links to other users' presets (Canon uses the term "recipes") through DirectorZone. There are differences in how the software treats metadata that should also be considered.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 07. 2011 16:36

PIX YouTube channel
warriorfullight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2011 06:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Looking for the right product to use for your digital photo will vary on what type of services it offers. If you have seen a software where it supports all the things you need, then go for it.