Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NEW to PD10
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Oct 28, 2011 23:40 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi have a Cannon AVCH cam Vixia HF20 and trying the trial version of PD10 and unable to import into the software do not have fire-wire compatibilities only USB yet the software will not recognized my camera, is their a Tutorial where I can follow and go from there????? Ralph
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The HF20 is just like a new hard-drive. Attach via USB, then browse to the camera using Windows Explorer.
Dragndrop, or cutnpaste the camera files to your computer hard-drive. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Barry figure it out, had to import the stream folder from my cannon Cam now ready to burn a 3D DVD but the program tells me that "the output profile is only supported by hardware accelerated encoding . You must enable hardware video encoding option use"

Where do I enable the hardware video encoding option use, it appears that its the oly thing that is stopping me from burning my very first home 3D Video???

Will leave my PC running while I solve the problem, so close yet so far. LOL.

Thanks you all.

On a note once I ordered the program does it have a small booklet for dummies like me. Ralph
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You can enable Hardware acceleration, if available, in your preferences. Also, lots of tutorials around, try PDTOOTS on Youtube. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
For CyberLink Video Tuitorials etc. and other information the link is here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19405.page

Forum Moderator
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the valuable information, tried enabled the item in preference and it seems that have to restart the PC, let see what happens. Ralph
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You can enable Hardware acceleration, if available, in your preferences. Also, lots of tutorials around, try PDTOOTS on Youtube.

Heck still have the problem so far is driving me nuts????????????????? Ralph
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does any one know the answer to enabling the encoding problem that I am having, have searched on the tutorials and came up empty handed, it is the only thing that is stopping me from trying to burn my first 3D DVD. Ralph
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Guess the my PC is unable to use the PD10 since do not have the following video card:

video encoder: enable this option to speed up rendering and burning time. This option is only enabled if your computer supports hardware acceleration (NVIDIA graphics card that supports CUDA, an AMD graphics card that supports AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, or a computer with Intel Core Processor Family technology

That is why every time that I hit 3D burning it tells me to enable the video encoding and unable to burn the disk, The card that I have is the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, oh well back to the drawing board $$$$$$

Here is my fastest, so called Desktop STATS:

Gateway DX-4200-09
Processor: 1.80 gigahertz AMD Phe4non 9150e Quad-Core, 64 bits
ATI Radeon, HD 3200 graphics
Windows 7, Ultimate
Blue Ray burner

Was wondering what Video card would you guy's recommend??????? Or is it something else that is preventing me from doing a 3D disk????????????

Suggestions would be appreciated. Have read the manual of the PD10 and came up empty handed.

Thanks
Ralph
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello is any one home??????? Ralph
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
"Knock knock, who's there?"...
Hi.
Without demanding the usual things ('please provide a DXDIAG file' - see the sticky thread in the index of this forum) a question in return:
Have you tried to 'produce' a file from your project using the 3D facilities of PD10?
You might try to approach your 3D DVD step by step.

I'm absolutely not an expert concerning graphic cards, but I'd jugde, if your graphic card would not suite PD, you would not be able to use PD at all.
So, if you already have imported your raw material and edited it into a viewable video, the rendering should (!) work.
But I'd suggest, first do a kind of 'dry practice', producing a 'normal' 2D video for online watching (i.e., without using a DVD disc), then, if that worked, re-do with a 3D video.
If that works, try the same settings for a DVD, using the option 'create folder' - still using to DVD disc.

...just a suggestion.
BTW: Is the HD3200 capable of computing 3D data?

Michael.
[Post New]
Quote:
I'm absolutely not an expert concerning graphic cards, but I'd jugde, if your graphic card would not suite PD, you would not be able to use PD at all.

..this is not necessarily correct. Many processes that use the video card do not come into play until certain points in the production/trancoding/rendering. The HD3200 chipset is below the recommended level for PD10 or PD9.

Quote: Here is my fastest, so called Desktop STATS:

If you really are seeking an answer you MUST provide the DXDIAG file we always request to allow us a technical "look" at your machine (Do PART B on the link below):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

ADDITIONALLY, the TRAIL version has limitations in handling AVD files such as those from the Canon Vixia Cameras.

BTW, Zapper, this is a volunteer staffed forum, not a BLOG or paid tech-support site...sometimes NO ONE is home!! Be patient with us, please.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2011 17:18

zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand that the majority on this forum are just members like me, I did not mean to be rude, Sorry if you suspected it, but was trying to get a bit of attention and appreciate the feedback, especially the diagnostic portion.

Best Regards

Ralph Ralph
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, enclosed are the two Diagnostic file as per your suggestion.
 Filename
RALPH64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic test
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
308 time(s)
Ralph
[Post New]
I see two areas of concern.

The first (and probably the source of the error) is that the embedded chipset for you machine has no dedicated memory. All the memory for your video is provided using system memory and this is not supported well. 2D and 3D acceleration are probably NOT supported.

The second, you are out of storage space on your C: drive. You are even below the 20% recommended for the Operating System support. Free at least 120 GB of space on C:.

I am not an ATI guy, so hopefully some of the ATI Contributors will chime in here.

If you choose to add a discrete video card to your system, be aware that you only have a 300W Power Supply (PSU), so although the PCIexpress16 slot is available for a card, you may not have the power supply connector or adequate wattage output necessary. A PSU upgrade is inexpensive and easy to do.

The AMD X4 CPU is adequate.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2011 20:09

zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your input, just noticed that my C drive is just about full have to transfer something to my Sea-gate extended HD, I was able to burn 2D and one of the problems that I am having is that when I press the 3D burning the PD10 only recognizes my regular DVD not my LG blu Ray burner, do not know why?

Took my PC information on a Bel-arc Ad-visor sheet and the PD10 system requirements to a Computer shop and they stated that get the Video card Ge Force 6200???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2011 20:44

Ralph
[Post New]
Make sure the configuration for the Geforce 6200 is PCIxpress16 (as I don't think the Gateway motherboard has an AGP slot) and has 1GB memory on the card. I hope this has helped...Cya!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2011 20:56

zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.

Ralph Ralph
andrew3202 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: indiana Joined: Sep 29, 2011 22:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having great results as a casual user with a hand crafted Windows7/64 system built using an Intel WX58P workstation board, a I7 960 processor, 8GB Ram, enabled raid and Intel rapid restore technology, My Video Card is a ATI FIREPRO V3750..
Lot's of commonly available TWEAKS to squeeze a bit more speed from W7, No Anti-Virus, or other stuff, but built for speed, all web surfing done in a Virtual Machine using Vurtual Box. This is only used for video as I'm archiving several hundred older 8MM, Hi8mm, and DV tapes.... Version 10 PD, while offering some 3D stuff, I think was more of a BUG FIX release, as V9 was extremely unstable... V10 has done well. I do keep the Video Card Drivers, The intel Drivers all up to date....
zappervaq130 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Andrew, that is what I am suppose to do, my older 8mm, VHS and regular tapes and now a AVCHD Canon camcorder for the HD viewing, found a Video Card Galaxy-GeForce GT 520 I GB DDR3 PCI and hopefully will buy by Thursday and install it myself, hopefully that will do it, should use my other PC for everyday usage that was my intentions, but oh well.

Ralph Ralph