Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
More SVRT problems
oRBIT2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 09:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I did a few tests with SVRT.
Encoding a testclip(75 seconds) with SVRT + one transition (transition lasting for 2 seconds or so): 90 seconds
Encoding the same clip with hardware: 67 seconds
SVRT should be faster than hardware?
If I remove the transition and SVRT-encode the clip (without any transition), the SVRT encoding is done in like 4 seconds.
What's up with the SVRT-mode? Makes no sense.. (?)

EDIT: Did some more testing. SVRT seems only to be working until it reaches the first transition/effect (that needs to be rendered). When the effect/transition ends, SVRT isn't resumed.
So, don't trust the %-ratio that's estimated, it isn't correct.

EDIT 2: Checking the "Allow SVRT on a single IDR H.264 video" option in the preferences fixed this problem!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 02. 2011 16:30

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Glad you found a solution, but you should have posted this in the thread that you started yesterday about SVRT. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look at my previous post. It is in line with what you are testing as well "

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19756.page Win 10, i7
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I'm all over the place here (wrong thread for HDedit) and other thread now locked.

Can someone please test if possible:

Pana TM700 1080p60 .MTS files on a time line, trim the beginning of the clips by a few frames, add transitions (fade would be good), use a bit of black video at beginning of the project and use Intelegent SVRT.

Questions:
1. Does SVRT continue to kick in after the transition for each clip?
2. Is there the brief distortion after each transition (as it was in PD9)?
3. What is the resultant file's mediainfo (if you could attach the text file that would be great).

Thanks to anyone who has the time to do this.

Regards

Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I only have 50fps for that camera.
Dafydd