Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
rendering problem
bradwehrli@gmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Location: little rock Joined: Oct 20, 2011 15:12 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Dafyyd, is the file above not what you were talking about?

I am asking because I am the only one that has downloaded it.

thanks if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Braad,
I have passed the information onto CyberLink and given them the link to the file. Not all those who download the file show up.
Dafydd
KEN-PD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 08:48 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Jaggies and zigzag edges to moving images in SD (480) files in PD is a longstanding and common problem.
I think it has something to do with interlacing management.. I know it looks just awful.
I have also seen the effect where a stationary image does not look bad.. then when the image moves the effects become awful.

For PD8, one workaround is to first render/save the video as a custom profile using a 480 progressive template - then close the project - reopen and load up that recently rendered file - then burn the DVD

For PD9, the only workaround I found was to purchase an editing program from another company.

For PD10, I sometimes have luck when using ONLY the default DVDHQ template. ANY custom template I have tried created jaggies and zigzag edges on moving objects in the scene to occur.
So you may try first rendering your project with the default DVDHQ template. Then close the project, load up your recently rendered DVDHQ file, then try to burn to DVD.

[Post New]
Thanks Ken, I will try that.

Do you mean magic movie, and not full edit when you say default template? if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
[Post New]
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in the post earlier that my problem has been sent to the R&D team at cyberlink.

I assume that means research and development team. Hopefully they can resolve the issue.

I really like the ease of use and the features of this product a lot, and when I burn in AVCHD or above the videos are fantastic.

if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.